PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i open the exhaust to get to the packing? do i have to drill out the rivets then re rivet them?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I took mine all apart one time but I can't remember how I did it. I remember it wasn't very difficult. I think I used an allen wrench.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paxracing said:
Did you try pulling hard , lol drill out the rivets then re rivet them
hahaha aight baby, im gonna drop the forks off tomorow gotta take kady to the movies and dinner for the anniversary!

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kawasakicoby125 said:
Drill out the rivets and when u go to put it back together tap the holes so u can use Allen key bolts. It will make repacking much easier
good idea! but ware can i find that small of allen bolts?

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im just gonna re rivet it i dont want no afro rigged hacked looking pipe i like my stuff done the right wayy

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's your pipe but a lot of em (FMF included) come with allen bolts not rivets. It's not rigged just because it's not OEM. They probably rivet em instead because it's cheaper LOL.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
home depo, lowes, ace hard ware, u dont have any of those close by???? that sucks! lol i think u can order online and get them shipped to u at ace hardware? but then aagian ud need to know what sizeeeee;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
dylancordell said:
home depo, lowes, ace hard ware, u dont have any of those close by???? that sucks! lol i think u can order online and get them shipped to u at ace hardware? but then aagian ud need to know what sizeeeee;)

Yeah but if he's drilling and tapping it'd be wahtever size he wanted to make it...:cool:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
koby686 said:
how do i open the exhaust to get to the packing? do i have to drill out the rivets then re rivet them?

woo pain in the ballax,,,, have fun gettin the cap out once you drill the rivets bro,,, it was a nightmare for me....lol

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Twister773 said:
Easiest way to do it...make Don do it, he has nothing better to do. :)

Oh and tell Tanya I said heyyyyyyy
hahahaha im going over there in a little bit hes been really buisy lately so if i have him do it it wont be ready for a month aha, and i havent seen tanya thier in ages!

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i didnt have the right drill bits so they kept braking and getting the caps out was really hard becuase they were siliconed on from the factor. i had to do 2 not 1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts