PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched everywhere and cant find a legit answer.
im a dirtbike newb.but i hear the stock klx110 pipe is great modded.
does anyone have a step by step guide to doing this.
im on a low budget.anyone have pics or vids to go with it.
what is the head pipe? do you drill the head of the motor or the actual exhaust?
all help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The head pipe is the part of the exhaust that connects to motor. Do not drill your head of the motor unless you know exactly what u r doing. I wouldn't recommend drilling on ur exhaust either unless you know exactly how much to drill because u can make it worse. Of u take the spark arrester out of the muffler you will see a small difference in throttle response. I think you could probably find an aftermarket exhaust on here that is used for a really good deal. Alot of people sell used parts on here at great prices and everyone is very willing to help. This is a great forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks motoxracer943 i really want to mod my stock pipe in the mean time though.do i do anything to the baffle or tail pipe.someone told me something about taking three screw out and drilling small wholes.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
There is no aftermarket pipe I know of that is for sale for 40$. Keep an eye on the classified parts n maybe u can find a pipe in ur price range. Idk if 40$ is going to get u far but u never know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also at the end of the stock exhaust is a end cap with three screws.i removed that and there are 2 small wholes down there do i drill them?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I didn't. I just removed spark arrester. I am not one to just start drilling things. I think ur best bet is to remove spark arrester n ride. If that's not enough then save up n buy a used exhaust system. But u don't need mods to have fun! I run a stock bike All the time just for fun.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Last week i do this mods on my stock headers, i drill out all the ' donnut ' ( just take off the headers and look inside you can't miss it ) at approx the same diameter of the pipe, you need a big tools to drill it, i dont try it because i have to buy a 85 main and a 40 pilot jet. I also take off the snorkel of the air box. This Week end, i l put all this togeter and try it . . . You can also get a bigger rear sprocket, it makes a good diff for the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts