PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
srh50rider said:
how do you know if the countershaft is them the broken?
sounds like a ratchet when you kick it.ppl dont know how to kick them the the the right way they kick it like their kicking a big bike thats wrong.

· Registered
206 Posts
ive never had a problem yet either i just rebuilt my motor with a new 143 topend with the v2 racehead tho. how do i start it so i dont have problems? without the racehead i just kicked and it started no problems ever yet

· Registered
205 Posts
sounds like a lot of snake oil remedies for not building your motor right to me... I kick the shit out of mine and its a race ready 143 motor built by Chug's Moto Performance.

· Registered
991 Posts
I always have a hell of a time kickstarting mine.. bumpstarting is much easier. I was talking to another guy about them and he's thinking the motor just doesnt have the volume of suction to pull in the vaporized fuel since it's a 2-stroke carb on a thumper.. the motor is a Kitaco 143 w/ head and a PWK. I do know I need to drop the pilot a size since it has a hard time with low rpm, main jet is spot on though. plug looks new, clean gas and filter..

· Registered
2 Posts
what is the countershaft? I have been trying to get my son's 08 klx back runnin and it sounds just like you said, a ratchet! Now I went and bought him a big guys klx and I have an electrical problem...just did the light green wire bypass, still wont run, intermittent spark, pulled the stator out of the old bike, still nothing..so frustrating! Esp. since I just spend all of my money on a "new bike"...ugh.

· Registered
43 Posts
On my klx somtimes I can kick it and it feels like it misses the gear, it still has some force behind it making it hard to push down, but then i kick it again and it catches the gear and starts, what makes it do that?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.