PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
post in steps how you kick your klx110 with 138,143,160,165,180 motors.im curious to see why ppl keep breaking their countershaft. Step #1 get piston to TDC (dont kick it)practice this so you know what it feels like) Step #3then kick it all the way thru and it should start first kick or second if you dont get the first kick do the steps over b4 you just kick it again.

· Registered
1,824 Posts
slowly push the kicker down untill it stops from compression the let it go back to the top, pause and then kick straight thru to the bottom, if it doesn't start, then repeat the whole process.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mad im also getting a bump start or making my own so i dont have to kickstart it all the time lol[/QUOTE]dont buy a bumpstart save your money and just ground the wire (lite green or green I cant remember cuz mines is blue now )unless you just want the billet cover I have one and never use the bumpstart.

· Registered
6,500 Posts
millbillyfiddy said:
The best way is put the bike in second roll it back till it stops then netural then kick all the way. This is how I start my 160. Same with bump start roll back first then run jump start
Rolling the motor backwards like that is a little risky. Could cause the timing chain to jump time (seen it happen on big bikes). But then you wont have to worry about high compression anymore.:D

· Registered
6,500 Posts
Your right about that,I was thinking more the top sprocket. Besides, why put the added strain on that tiny little tensioner. By cranking the motor backwards your essentially moving the tensioner from the slack side of the chain to the tension side. Still safer to crank the motor over slowly with the kicker.

· Registered
370 Posts
SHADE said:
Umm lets see... one, two, pump, kick.. SNAP =[ call it a day

Mad im also getting a bump start or making my own so i dont have to kickstart it all the time lol

I LIKE THIS ONE LOL FUNNY FUNNY I JUST KICK CAUSE I HAVE HAVE THE D-COMP CAM SHAFT FROM BBR LOL HAHA EASY

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.