PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much oil does my chinaman 110 take? Its the manual 4 all down type engine with kick start. With a half a quart it says its full but this doesnt seem right?

Also my clutch seems to be slipping. Sometimes when i kick the engine over it slips and the engine wont kick because of the compression :confused:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I think the old 6V Honda 50/70 takes 800ml of oil, so most of a quart (a quart is 946ml). When you check the oil, and get a full reading from putting half a quart in, are you screwing the dipstick down to get that reading? On the Hondas you unscrew the dipstick from the fill hole, wipe it, and then just rest the threaded part on the edge of the hole without screwing it down to get the actual reading. This might be your problem.

The China 110 cases might hold more oil than 800ml, though, but try checking it without screwing it down.

Your clutch might just need adjustment. One of my 50s was doing that and a clutch adjustment improved it...didn't eliminate it, but improved it, enough to stave off doing the clutch for awhile longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts