PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what size motor should i build i was gonna get the tb88 kit w/head but after readin how cyclerider said once he got his perimeter it felt like it didnt have enough motor cause he could ride it harder.

So what do you guys think i should build iwas thinkin 117se. Also who has the best prices on the kit.

I will be doin some racin and backyard racin on some friends tracks

· Registered
3,079 Posts
hey, if you got the money then i would definitely spring for the 117SE. you will also need a few other things if you go that route such as an oil cooler, clutch,3 speed ratio. Sik50s prolly has the best prices

G

·
Don't get the 117SE for messing around in back yards. That motor is built for wide open tracks (big bike tracks). It likes to be ridden hard. Not the best idea for small tracks. I think an 88SE would be the best bet if that is the type of riding you do. This is mostly hear say. I have not gotten mine yet. I only really ride big bike tracks so I know it will work for my application.

· Registered
10,051 Posts
If you go with the 88SE, you can upgrade to the 108SE with just the stroker crank and piston for around $400, plus the larger carb. To upgrade to the 117 SE, you would need the 54mm cylinder, the piston kit and stroker crank. To upgrade to the 124SE you'd need the 124SE crank, 54mm cylinder, piston kit, and bigger carb.

I'd go 88SE and you can always upgrade later.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
The biggest morot you can fit within the stock honda cases without boring them out is a 110. A 52mm piston with a 52mm crank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.