PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I have the bbr bar kit, bbr (meat grinders I mean) foot pegs, bbr skid plate, ishock, fast50's fork springs, 15 tooth front sprocket, and the bbr skid plate. So close to $550+the $996 for the 04' crf50 so i'm about $1500 all together.



What about you guys? I know some of you have bombshells so you blow me out of the water right there. I was at the fiddy races on Sunday up here in Colorado and there were some guys with $5-$6,000 in to theres.





The poll will be just parts. Not including the price of the bike.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
i just calculated everything a few days ago. when my bike is done i would hav put in $5800 Canadian (including bike, not including shipping & taxes) if i payed full price for everyting, but when it's done i will only have payed $3925 Canadian (including bike, not shipping and taxes) and i only got my bike in august. so after x mas it will be all done :D and i saved alot of money and got some good deals in a short amount of time 8)





BTW no i didn't steal anything.lol
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
How much BLING BLING in my ride

Hey,

Well between what I spent on my Fiddie to buy it and the trials and errors

of motor mods the suspension, Ignition, bar kit, skid plates, rims, plastic

kits, graffic kits around $7000.00 so far!!!!!





Got to get another job....... OLDSCHOOL
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: How much BLING BLING in my ride

OLDSCHOOL said:
Hey,

Well between what I spent on my Fiddie to buy it and the trials and errors

of motor mods the suspension, Ignition, bar kit, skid plates, rims, plastic

kits, graffic kits around $7000.00 so far!!!!!





Got to get another job....... OLDSCHOOL






Damn I guess!!! It's all good! The fun outways the price.
 

Attachments

· Moderator
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
Bucknutty69 said:
I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I have the bbr bar kit, bbr (meat grinders I mean) foot pegs, bbr skid plate, ishock, fast50's fork springs, 15 tooth front sprocket, and the bbr skid plate. So close to $550+the $996 for the 04' crf50 so i'm about $1500 all together.



What about you guys? I know some of you have bombshells so you blow me out of the water right there. I was at the fiddy races on Sunday up here in Colorado and there were some guys with $5-$6,000 in to theres.





The poll will be just parts. Not including the price of the bike.


$996 for an '04 CRF?



Dang dude... where do you shop?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
breakinspokes said:
$996 for an 04' crf



Dang dude... where do you shop?


I have a bunch of friends that work for motorcycle shops. So i did the old meet and beat thing. I got a great deal because i did not have to pay set-up, freight, or documentation fees. I got it like $150 over dealer cost.



that was also minus tax. So it was actually around $1250 after everything was done.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
Money invested?????

Hey me again,

Well first I wish I knew about this site, and all the good advice on it when

I first started. Remember this It cost money to be stupid!!!! If I knew now

what I knew then and took my time to research more then I'd be a couple

of grand heavier in the wallet!!! another thing I've read alot talked to a bunch of people and seen alot of different bike set ups and combos. And

have some knowledge now of what works and whats a waste.....



I raced only once this year and believe me I learned alot. If it wasn't

for a bad pick of a late starting position number and a wicked retarded

starting system. I think I could have won??? NEXT YEAR. And bigger is

not better "some will argue". I have a strong running very quick and

fast 88cc motor and BLEW away superhead 95cc's, strokers and those

extreme 107's so riding style plays a big part too..





Thanks for listening Kevin a.k.a. OLDSCHOOL
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
I had around 4.5 grand into my 50 I think.



50 - 1300

Bombshells - 1000

Sano Swingarm - 325

Ishock - 180

Fast50s frame - 450 - Sorry kyle :(

Black Rims - 180

Rear spokes - 50

Silver plastics - 140 - Sorry will :(

Sano Graphics - 60 - Soryy will :(

Bars - 50

Applied Throttle - 40

Filter - 15

Pipe - 240



Plus I had gold rims - thats 180$

and my first pipe was a fmf - thats 130$





I was just about to get a 106 superhead with stroker when my 50 got stolen, I suppose its a good thing I didnt.
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
bryce funny how yours came out higher than mine and you had a stock engine



heres mine...



2001 xr 50 -900

bombshell fork kit -1000

sano frame -430

aluminum rear rim -100

HD spokes -60

HD rear hub -180

ishock w/o res - 200

black plastics -160

sano bmx bars -40

sano throttle -80

grips -12

footpeg mount -100

engine head cover -40

tires F & R -45

tubes -10

88 bore up with carb -200

sano exhaust -250

hyper cdi- 60

seat cover- 50

top secret CIA motor work- free

footpegs- 80

TOTAL $3202
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
sanowill said:
bryce funny how yours came out higher than mine and you had a stock engine



TOTAL 3202




I just added it up in calculator to 3997 - my bike still came up to more, cuz I have both rims, a swingarm, and a few other stuff. I dont know what your lacking besides 400 bucks on the bike itself.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Money invested?????

OLDSCHOOL said:
Hey me again,

Well first I wish I knew about this site, and all the good advice on it when

I first started. Remember this It cost money to be stupid!!!! If I knew now

what I knew then and took my time to research more then I'd be a couple

of grand heavier in the wallet!!! another thing I've read alot talked to a bunch of people and seen alot of different bike set ups and combos. And

have some knowledge now of what works and whats a waste.....



I raced only once this year and believe me I learned alot. If it wasn't

for a bad pick of a late starting position number and a wicked retarded

starting system. I think I could have won??? NEXT YEAR. And bigger is

not better "some will argue". I have a strong running very quick and

fast 88cc motor and BLEW away superhead 95cc's, strokers and those

extreme 107's so riding style plays a big part too..





Thanks for listening Kevin a.k.a. OLDSCHOOL


Hey lessons learned. But now you have the advie for all of the people that are on this site now. Advice that's helping alot of us out. Which we all thank you for.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Re: Money invested?????

Bucknutty69 said:
[Hey lessons learned. But now you have the advie for all of the people that are on this site now. Advice that's helping alot of us out. Which we all thank you for.


yea i agree, oldschool has a lot of experience with different parts, he is helping me out big time trying to set my bike up, kevins a good guy with great info thanks again man 8)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Me again I thought I would add everything up.



04' CRF50--------------------$996

Ishoch w/o res.--------------$175

Folding shift lever -----------$30

Fast 50's fork springs -------$45

BBR bar kit ------------------$209

BBR foot pegs ---------------$88

BBR skidplate ----------------$62



So thats $609 before tax + the preice of the bike



Grand total $1605



So i'm about $1900 including the bike. Wow! I need to spend more money.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
i got mine a couple weeks ago and i got about 3500 in it including the bike, 88 kit, pipe, big bar kit, heavy duty springs, rev box, and im still not done, good thing for yamaha credit
 

· Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
money invested

XR50 = 1200

bars = 25

fast50 clamp = 100

fast50 throttle = 90

fast50 heavy front springs = 45

extra set of wheels for street = 200

street tires = 25

dirts tires = 50

sano swing arm = 330

works xr70 shock = 230

88cc kitaco = 430

kitaco ultra head = 800

tall seat foam = 50

classic honda ultima pipe = 250

black plastic = 130

one industies graphics = 50

powder coat = 100

rev box = 50

valve springs = 35

foot pegs = 75



Total = 4265

That should be all of it, but Im prolly still not finished.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top