PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a tb108 right now with a 20mm carb. I am running a two bros exhaust. With the new style TB rh. Im not really happy with the performance im getting out of it and it kinda seems like a 20mm carb is too small. This motor has no power in the top end at all. And cant even rev out in fourth gear at a slight incline. How much difference do you guys think a 24mm carb would make??

·
Registered
651 Posts
fyi, those 24mm ever so popular mukini carbs are actually 22. good carbs in my eyes, easy to tune, even the knock off ones.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm running the Keihin pe24 on both my Tak 88+r and BBR 106 stroker motors, like above statement bottom end needs a little jet tweaking but she goes well on the top. I have not tried anything smaller than the 24 on either set up, so I can't comment on others.

·
Registered
501 Posts
A 20 is too small for sure imho,22's seems to work really well all around, great off the bottom but a bit flat on top for sure. 24's add more on top but you really need to work to get em jetted right on the bottom or they get boggy in the slow stuff. not a great choice for a auto clutch set up.

I just recently picked up a flat slide 24, all I need is to find the time to get that on and jetted.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Im running a PE24 keihin on my takegawa super head 88 motor, i use to run a stock 110 carb, and going to the 24 made a huge difference on an 88, for really tight tracks the stock 110 carb gave it more bottom end, but with the 24 all the power is made from mid to top, keep in mind due to having a tak super head 27.5 mm intake it can handle the 24 mm carb, but even with a TB RH, going to a larger carb should definitely make it have more top end for sure. Only reason why i run a 24 is due to the fact that all 88 super head motors come with that carb, so my guess if i can run one with a 88, you def should be able to run it with a 108 and get the power your looking for. The other plus is, there way easier to jet, and it doesnt have that god awful bog that the cheap 20mm carbs have.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
A PE24 is great for any 88 or 108 with a head that has an intake valve 24mms or bigger... You just dont want a much bigger carb than your intake.. I run a PE28 on my Superhead+R 124 and its perfect but the valve size in that head is a 27mm so its real close... ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. Thanks for all the responses everyone. So I think im gonna go with the 24. What kit do you think I should get. Im lookin at one from tb for like $110. I dont want to spend over $150

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
prolly better off buying a used VM24 which are 24s. the vm22 is a two stroke that can be modified to a 4 stroke...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts