PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys are running head breathers? I understand the premise to save the seals from excess pressure, but sometimes pressure is good, especially oil pressure. I was just wondering what type of oil system these 50s have and if the oil breather was a good or bad thing based on the oiling system in these things? I dont know if the oil pump picks up from the bottom of the case or through a pressurized passageway, any thoughts, comments? Anyone had problems after they switched to one?

G

·
I have one. They are not really necessary on such a small motor. The oil pump just picks up the oil from the bottom of the case. They don't make much of a difference considering they come with a case breather already. They do serve a purpose, but there is not that much pressure in the head anyways.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
I got one on my bike too.... they help relief the crankcase pressure and let the motor spin faster. A nesessity on high compression 88cc motors and higher cc motors.

thanks......OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
same here addict :lol: nuthin like excess money

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah I got one but wanted to know what people thought because the idea hit me after I fired it up and felt it rev faster and the pressure release, how long you guys been running them?

·
Registered
865 Posts
3rdgearpinned has one now hes also building a 124 motor so....ill be running one soon i have a tb 88 kit with head and soon im getting a stroker crank and Z wered you get that avatar hahhaha htats awsome

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.