PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a pipe for my 50, the only problem is noise. If the bike is too loud the neighbors wont be happy and that will mean no more 50 riding in the neighborhood (they arnt going to stop me from riding on my own property but i tend to wonder off my property on to the road to get to my buddys house) I have heard the FMF powercore 4 pipe isnt that loud (i know, i know its not the best pipe out there but all the nicer pipes are loud) how much louder is the fmf powercore over a stock pipe? BTW, im going to be running a 88 s stage with a xr70 head and i will get the big bore powercore 4.

·
Registered
949 Posts
It's an easy one. Get the bbr big bore pipe. It will accecpt the stock baffle, or they sell a quiet baffle for $30 If you need the billet look for the exaust tip.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
and isn't the R4 pipe decently quiet?

The FMF Powercore 4 isn't any better than stock, unless they made some drastic changes. I had it and all it did was make my bike louder and not really any faster.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im thinking about the bbr pipe now

DirtySouthRacing- Was yours a big bore pipe? I kinda think the big bore pipe is newer. I would think the big bore pipe would have to work better then a stock pipe on a 88 kit. The tubing is bigger.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Im not quite sure, but your best bet is just to shell out the cashiti and go with the BLACK BBR exhaust with the quiet core insert.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i think that is my best bet too, the only problem is i cant really work becuase of school so money is a little tight right now. If it was summer or i had a week off from school soon i would just save up for the bbr for sure. I dont know though, ill just see hoe things go.

·
Registered
949 Posts
They claim the tubing is larger for the larger bore kits. It's a win/ win situation. You can keep it quiet in the neighborhood, remove the insert for the track

G

·
ya i have ridden an 88 with a R4, it was good and quiet, not stock quiet, but it was a good quiet pipe, probly onna the quietest. Danosbikeshop.com under reviews has some quiet pipe that ucan listen to

·
Registered
949 Posts
hey 3rdgearpinned, pimpindahoes is selling a bbr big bore pipe in the classifieds. He says no reasonable offer refused.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.