PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Dont buy a pre-cut one, waste of money. Hacksaw out big chunks then file it smooth. The metal is super crappy and it files down in no time. If you really want, DPM will do it for a very low fee and it looks professional.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep... not hard at all. I used my RotoZip to cut out big chunks then finished it off on the grinding wheel. 20 minute job I'd say... The already done ones are pretty spendy in my opinion. But, it's good to know they are available incase you @$%^ yours up trying :wink:

·
Registered
755 Posts
FiddyFanatic said:
Yep... not hard at all. I used my RotoZip to cut out big chunks then finished it off on the grinding wheel. 20 minute job I'd say... The already done ones are pretty spendy in my opinion. But, it's good to know they are available incase you @$%^ yours up trying :wink:

i had a rotozip for about 10 minutes until i broke it, lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe the basic rule of thumb is to follow the curve and not cut through the wall that seperates the rotor side and sprocket side, theres not much to it. I used a smallsaw to make some horizontal lines then cut the circular shape. to finish it off I got out the air tools and used a metal sanding bit to give it a clean look. If you were close to me id show you how to do it.

whats up mods how about a how to section?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.