PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m trying to wire up lights on my pit bike to be street legal and I was wondering if I need a battery or capacitor to run a head light, break light, turn signals, and running lights, or will the charging system run that by itself? I’m going to try using all led bulbs if possible. I just ordered a magneto stater if any of you were wondering what the wiring looked like from it, I don’t have a wiring diagram But I was told the two yellow wires are for lighting.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Two yellow, a floating coil... o boy.
The correct way: rectifier for full wave floating coil (=2 yellow), battery, fuse, ignition switch connect everything from the ignition switch(battery) +.
The bodge way: one yellow to ground, one yellow to yellow&white from a standard, honda style, half wave rectifier. Wire up like a standard honda or clone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two yellow, a floating coil... o boy.
The correct way: rectifier for full wave floating coil (=2 yellow), battery, fuse, ignition switch connect everything from the ignition switch(battery) +.
The bodge way: one yellow to ground, one yellow to yellow&white from a standard, honda style, half wave rectifier. Wire up like a standard honda or clone.
What are the two yellow wires for exactly?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think that you'll get the best result if you include a battery in the system. But it can be done without a battery...I think.
You might consider buying a wire harness...then modifying it to work as necessary.
Parts are available to HELP you...but putting it all together and making it work, look good, etc is going to be on you of course. There are folks here who are good to help, but there is no kit, or instructions, or easy answers for, "how do I wire lights?"

There is a member here who has some good videos about wiring CT70s.
That might help to get you headed in the right direction...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts