Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my riding pants are burnt onto my pipe and it looks terrible

Just wanted to know the best thing to clean it with

Thank for the help

·
Registered
864 Posts
mini rider 140 said:
when the pipe gets hot it will toast off happen to me i aslo burnt my leg pritty good to:cool:

ya but there is always some sort of debris left on there, scotch brite that shiyt

·
Registered
623 Posts
use a brass rotor brush , then use an exhaust tape (the ones that Harley bikers use onto their pipes...)on you exhaust. Problem solved.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
WD 40 as other have said and those green plastic scratch pads work real well to, use some high grit sand paper for the thick stuff, and then go over with the green scratch pads will come out looking brand new and use a lot of WD40.

·
Registered
275 Posts
+1 for scotch bright and wd40. I bought a used one with pant material melted to it. I got the pipe hot, scraped the thick stuff off, then scrubbed it down. Get some exhaust wrap from your local auto parts store, follow the directions and you never have an issue!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just literally cleaned mine for the same reason, but I took the pipe off and used a wire wheel, took about 2 min.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
mini rider 140 said:
i still say melt it off its free and the best way to do it:D

It wont melt off... lol

pants or gear gets melted onto the pipe, requiring a wire brush or scotch brite with some wd40 to clean it off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts