PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna hear some stories on how you guys got your first bikes

i got my first bike a 2002 xr80 by going to the local boat marinas and going through the dumpsters for the beer cans the fishermen would throw out it took me 3 months but i got 600 bucks and bought it. not bad for a 3rd grader if i do say so myself!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Yeah that's pretty good, better than my story. I put a few hundred down on a beat up mostly stock 2006 klx110 and since my brother is friends with the owner of the shop i got to take it home. Finally paid it off, started buying parts and it's about to be a full mod, almost no stock parts other than the frame, cases and piston... but im almost thirty two so for twenty something years all i got to do was ride my brothers and some of my buddies bikes. Wanted my own since i was about 5 when my brother got his first bike, took up too many other hobbies i guess but now i have one, might be a big bike in the future but for now what i have keeps me broke.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
110wannabe said:
i got my first bike a 2002 xr80 by going to the local boat marinas and going through the dumpsters for the beer cans the fishermen would throw out it took me 3 months but i got 600 bucks and bought it. not bad for a 3rd grader if i do say so myself!

Yeah that's pretty good, better than my story. I put a few hundred down on a beat up mostly stock 2006 klx110 and since my brother is friends with the owner of the shop i got to take it home. Finally paid it off, started buying parts and it's about to be a full mod, almost no stock parts other than the frame, cases and piston... but im almost thirty two so for twenty something years all i got to do was ride my brothers and some of my buddies bikes. Wanted my own since i was about 5 when my brother got his first bike, took up too many other hobbies i guess but now i have one, might be a big bike in the future but for now what i have keeps me broke.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
age 7 i got my 1977 xr75 for 100$...road it so hard that summer blew the top end rightaway.

My older brothers were always riding and had dirtbikes so i got to ride there trail 70's at the time. Then i finally bugged my dad to get me this bike my friends were selling and boom i got the xr75..that bike did wonders and held its own with the newer xr100's at the time.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I traded a beat up specialized p3 for a full mod honda 50, then worked my balls off to buy a brand new RM 250 a few months later. I just kept buying more and more bikes after that.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Was the summer of 74, worked all summer and made $875, bought a brand new Suzuki TM 100 (before RM) for $850.All summer long my buddies would bug me to quit and come hangout with them,but i wanted a dirtbike and my parent's wasn't going to buy me one(Cause they hated them) so i kept working.Funny thing is when we got back to school all my buddies said i was lucky to have a dirtbike.I told them all that there was no luck involved,just time(which i guess they didn't have during the summer?????).After 30+ dirt/street bike's,15+ pitbike's, my favorites bike's have been 81 RM125,86 KDX200,89 KX 250,03 RM125 and a LXR 14.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my old man bought me a 1975 honda xl 175 for my 13th birthday... he supprised me with it after my little league game where we won our championship series... i was soo excited... after that i started moving up ... went from a xl 175 to a rm 125 to a 92 rm125 to a 99cr250 to my current bike that i bought with my crab fishing funds .. the almighty 05 crf450 and i am so thankful for my father and his support.. without him i would probably be playing dungeons and dragons in a basement somewhere hahah..

·
Registered
765 Posts
first was for christmas 89 pw 50. still got it. the next was a 78 yz 80 in some milk crates full rebuild and still have it. next 87 kx 80 once again in milk crates full rebuild gave it to my little bro and the bastard sold it lol. 96kx 125. finally got a complete bike. ive rebuilt it so many times i can almost do it in the dark. still have it. 08pitsterpro x4 bought brand new. all the bikes up untill the pitster were either from grandpa or dad. the x4 i bought.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i always wanted a dirt bike growing up but my parents wouldnt allow it so at 15 i worked my arse off mowing lawns to buy a 88 rm 125 that was for sale down the road i had that bike for maybee a mounth before my dad found out and offed it i paid 700 for it in 94 and he sold on me for 50 man i was so pissed ive had tons of bikes since then and still terrorize him with them all the time

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I worked my a$$ off with my dad for about 2 years for him to buy me an 85 so finally my birthday shows and we pick one up two days later my sister wanted a bike so that weekend my dad and her drive 2 hours to get one. I was so pissed she never did sh#t for him, but ever since that bike I bought my own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts