PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently rebuilding a 1978 Honda z50 Engine, and i've gotten the cases all put together but when i started doing the studs i forgot to fully clean out the thread holes and so the studs on the flywheel side don't go in enough to put the dowel pins in. I tried to remove them again using the double nut method, and stripped the threads on the top of the stud, and so i tried a stud remover but it didn't grab tight enough since z50 studs are quite small. Anyone have any more ideas of what i can do? Thanks in advance.

· Super Moderator
4,508 Posts
Thanks! So i'd put the studs in and hold/turn the engine?
To be clear, use a vise attached to a table. It is helpful to have a helper if you have any trouble holding the engine with one hand. Cradle the engine so the stud will be lined up with the length of the vise, and clamp it so you have room to turn it. You will only be able to turn it a few degrees with the other studs in place, but that is enough to break it loose. You will have a fair amount of torque on the stud like this, so the advice to rock gently is so you don't snap off the stud. Scream'nMiniz suggestion to heat it is a good idea as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.