PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Dunlop TT92's as I usually run avon's on my bikes. But when I put together my x4m motard I put on a set of these. I went for about a 5 mile loop and came back and the tires were pretty warm...well, really warm actually. I assume this is normal for these? They are inflated correctly.

Why so warm? I did run them up to about 78mph at one point but the last mile was through town. The rear was much hotter than the front.

Running them on 2.5" wide rims if that helps. 100/90-12 front and 120/80-12 rear.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Tire warmers generally shoot for 170F to 180F if that gives you any idea. TT91s get warm enough in the rain that when you come to a stop, unless it's a CRAZY downpour, they'll actually dry themselves off while you watch. It's kinda cool to observe actually.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine do run pretty hot when I run the go cart tracks here. The hotter, the tackier they are. The reason for the rear tire being hotter, is most likley rear tire hop or its really low on pressure

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
TT92GPs are "race tires" that are DOT approved............. Don't kid your self these are serious tires, for serious corner speeds while racing........:cool:

Typical race pressure is 15-20 psi.......... for the street you might want to run them around 25-28psi for longer life etc.....;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.