PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't understate this but US Air is THE BEST MINI TRACK IN THE US, PERIOD. It is technical with elevation changes, it's butter smooth with no cracks, bumps, or sealer. It's insanely fun. Here's just one of my better laps, I'm still learning and can see plenty of room for improvement in the video. A bit lower gearing would have helped too. That's what makes this track so cool, it has so many variables I don't think you can ever get bored!

This was at the
5th Annual Lightning on the Wolf. Make your plans now for next year! US Air Motorsports Raceway

·
Registered
385 Posts
Race Masta that runs OSB in Oklahoma is up there running the show
I wish I could go to that track someday

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sweet. Although I was disappointed that on a 190 there was no sick wheelies over the elevation changes ha

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a few pics from Scott Pieper Images from the same race as the video. I know that because somehow I lost my rear brake tab the second day!

LOTW1.jpg LOTW2.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Still no wheelies?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yay wheelies!!! And on big tracks I try to make time to wheelie out of corners for the long straights :). But I do enjoy some wheelies.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I probably have 1000 laps at USA. Shit.......I named a corner there!
It's definitely the best mini track in the US.
you ever run the infield section?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, just the section in the video. It was my first time. But not my last time.

We need more guys with 12" wheels to show up. Those CR105 with 17" RS125 slicks are way to fast in the corners.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can you post up when you guys have a schedule. I want to make a drive down and race my 200 there one weekend

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do. There's only one official race weekend sponsored by OSB Supermoto but we plan to rent the track for a few "track" days. I'll post up the dates, but if you join the Wi Mini racing league FB page you'll receive updates too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Done, Going to definitely make it down there one weekend this summer!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
July 28-30 is the date for this years LOTW. Friday is practice, with more practice and racing Sat and Sun. It's a ton of fun, we could use some more minis so get yer butts there!

·
Registered
166 Posts
vrooom!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
LOTW = Lord of the Wheelies?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lightning on the Wolf! Last years flier -

Lightning on the Wolf

July 28-30 is the date for this years LOTW. Make plans now, you will not be disappointed. Best minimotard track in the US!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Plans are being made, can we drink beers and camp at the track overnight?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes you can! In fact that's what many of the OSB guys do that come up from Oklahoma.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts