PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right section but oh well, move it if it's the wrong place. Okay, now to my problem. I changed valves today and put everything back together. (Watched a video on youtube). Now when i try to start it, it makes a squeaking sound when i'm kickstarting. (It doesn't start btw.) It doesn't sound right at all and it haven't been like that before, it comes from the cylinder head i can hear. Could it be Valve clearance? Also, check this video, i don't have that part that he grabs at 10:41
I can't remember if i had one when i disassembled the head. Also, what's that part for and do i need it? Thanks
VIDEO ON HOW IT SOUNDS:
<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Roboto">

· Registered
396 Posts
im no expert and please wait for others to respond. i am curious, did you put the rocker arms on the same sides they were on originally to match cam lobe wear and break in they had before?

then again, maybe with new valves that doesnt matter.

that part i think is some lifan head part. ive not seen it on oem 50 heads.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, same gasket but it looks fine. I replaced them because my timing chain jumped and they hitted the piston. I lost compression and i thougt it have to be the valves. I needed to replace the cam chain because it had got worn making it too long and tensioner didn't tension. Lapped by hand.

· Registered
1,342 Posts
you can pretty well re-use ALL gaskets that are NOT "crush" type..ie head, exhaust..tho exhaust can just get re tightened a few times and be ok...but otherwise "crush" type(anything with a metal insert) is a once n done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.