PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting thing happening on my bike since I pulled the Nice motor out of it. The only thing that is different, to the electrical system that is, is the change out of the original honda Nice stator and flywheel and in its place is a chinese stator and flywheel.

Now, my lightbulbs keep popping that are setup to run inline with the rectifier/regulator. Annoying. Any ideas?

·
Registered
111 Posts
what are you working with does it have a battery? on the rev whats your voltage output not on ac in but the dc out if its putting out over 14 volts id say bad regulator let me know

louk

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm fairly certain its the regulator. However, the baffling thing is that a regulator doesn't just go for no reason..so what's the reason here? Does my chinese setup put out way more juice, thus the regulator blew? Pretty sure the nice alternator puts out 30 watts to each line.

I suppose I could get one of those high capacity regulators and it would work fine. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
111 Posts
ya its possible the chinese stator output is more the only way to know is to test each one with a A/C volt meter and compare the readings rectifier/regulators are under alot of electrical load they do go bad for no reason just like a cdi box does

Louk

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I had a Similar problem when I was running the Chinese stator stators. I even have the heavy duty regulator. To fix the problem I just wound my own from a stock 50 and haven't had a popped bulb yet. Are you wired in series or in a loop?

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gav said:
ive had no problem with my nice motor and blowing any lights

Yeah..the nice works perfectly. Just switched to a chinese regulator and pop pop pop. And the other thing that stinks is that there is little to no light at idle...and on the nice it had a nice bright light at idle.

Obviously the rectifier did not keep up with the chinese stator output. I"ll get myself a dratv high output version and I'll be just fine I'm sure.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gav said:
Can I ask why you changed

Sold the Nice engine and popped in a motor I had on the shelf. The nice is by far the best engine I've ever had, but I've got some plans for a big TJR motor and need to offload some stuff to pay for it.

I'm probably going to go with a TJR 158cc. Not sure yet how I'm going to do it yet though. Probably going to get a reconditioned motor and then ship them the cases and cylinder.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
fatcaaat said:
Yeah..the nice works perfectly. Just switched to a chinese regulator and pop pop pop. And the other thing that stinks is that there is little to no light at idle...and on the nice it had a nice bright light at idle.

Obviously the rectifier did not keep up with the chinese stator output. I"ll get myself a dratv high output version and I'll be just fine I'm sure.

I have had the same problem on a couple of builds. I thought an HD rec would fix the dull lights at idle but it did not.

Surprisingly, I went to a china CDI setup on an old 6volt CL70, and using the original selenium rectifier has had no problems so far....

·
Registered
823 Posts
fatcaaat said:
Interesting thing happening on my bike since I pulled the Nice motor out of it. The only thing that is different, to the electrical system that is, is the change out of the original honda Nice stator and flywheel and in its place is a chinese stator and flywheel.

Now, my lightbulbs keep popping that are setup to run inline with the rectifier/regulator. Annoying. Any ideas?

Having read sooo many of your posts it feels ridiculous to ask this...

Didn't manage to reverse the yellow and white wires out of the stator to the bikes harness by chance? W.R.T. ground, out of the stator harness the yellow wire should have about half of the resistance of the white.

·
Registered
92 Posts
fatcaaat said:

Sorry for the Hi jack.

I run a DTRAV 6 volt rectifier, sub harness, Lifan Stator, cdi coil, Stock Honda CDI and blow the headlight all the time at high RPM.

It is a 6 volt bike but I run a 12 volt head light bulb. I tried a different DRATV rectifier & stator and it still does it.

Tried wiring in another rectifier or ressistor in the headlight shell that DRATV sell and lost power ?.

I don't know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts