PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello again. What product or system do you recommend to remove rust? look online and there are many products, I do not decide on any. It is for the ring of a Honda SL70 headlight. It has some rust, very little on the outside but something else on the inside, the shell also has some rust, but I am not worried, a good sanding and correct painting and it will be like new. The chrome on the ring has sandpaper marks on it, looks like they tried to remove some rust at the store. I am in the UK, it was hard for me to find this complete headlight, I am very happy that it is an original vintage piece but it needs some work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello again. What product or system do you recommend to remove rust? look online and there are many products, I do not decide on any. It is for the ring of a Honda SL70 headlight. It has some rust, very little on the outside but something else on the inside, the shell also has some rust, but I am not worried, a good sanding and correct painting and it will be like new. The chrome on the ring has sandpaper marks on it, looks like they tried to remove some rust at the store. I am in the UK, it was hard for me to find this complete headlight, I am very happy that it is an original vintage piece but it needs some work. View attachment 276429 View attachment 276430 View attachment 276431 View attachment 276432 View attachment 276433 View attachment 276434 View attachment 276435 View attachment 276436
By the way, this headlight is for a Honda Z50. It is not the correct part for this model, I know, but when I bought the monkey it came with one like this, but damaged, the headlight of the SL70 fits perfectly, it looks perfect, it is significantly smaller than the original of this model and completely metallic and of much higher quality than the original plastic, Z50a 1978. This will be the only non-original piece of my Monkey, but I do not consider it relevant, it is a personal touch

·
Premium Member
1970 CT70, 2019 Super Cub 125, and five or six other basket cases
211 Posts
Evaporust works a treat. Some pop and aluminum foil will clean the chrome up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Second that, used it on my stator flywheel and was amazed by the results. Have used it a few times now and impressed every time.

·
Premium Member
1970 CT70, 2019 Super Cub 125, and five or six other basket cases
211 Posts
Great for gas tanks too! And it doesn’t make you pass out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts