PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the bike came back from powdercoating and im starting in on the build. Im starting this log for anyone wanting to know or do a nsr conversion on there bike. I will start with some pics today and list until the project is finished. Kind of a basic how to....

4-10-07

Bike just came back from powdercoating I went with speedboat sliver and black wrinkle. The speedboat sliver is dull in the shade with no sparkle but in the sun it looks great. You can see in the pictures, 3 of the mods (out of many) you will need to do. The lower triple tree (LTT) needed the stops cut, repositioned, and welded. Also the frame was welded in a few spots and then drilled for the rearsets. I drilled one hole per side using the swingarm bolt as the another hole for the top part of the mount. The top triple tree (TTT) needed to be cut also. I am running the stock zb speedo so the ign holder off the nsr (TTT) needed to be cut for the mounting of the zb speedo. I only had time today before work to get the front end mounted. Also the little black things are spacer for the rear sets to clear the frame.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I see you have a battery relocator like Dan's. Looking good.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Flip the battery box around and bend up the tab (which will now be in the rear) at a 45 degree angle and drill and tap a hole in the frame to secure it in 3 spots rather then two.

Looks good!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya i took the battery mod from him. It works great. The lever is huge i will need to find and smaller one at some point but for now its serves it purpose. As for the welding I filled in all the holes by the footpegs on the frame. Cleans it up alittle. Im 5'6 and ya its alittle bit less comfort over the pegs but I just love the looks of the nsr rearsets. I will be pressing the races out of the swingarm tommorow at school and should have the ass end of the bike put together tommorow. More Pics to come.....

Also i wanted to say thx to everyone one here that has helped me through this project. There has been a few of you guys that have really helped out.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4-12-2007

Today I built the speedo mount and mount my headlight. I used the stock ZB speedo mount cut and redrilled used the 2 screw holes underneath the nsr upper triple tree. This way the speedo is still rubber mounted. Turned out pretty good fits and fills the hole with out bending.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Nice!

Do you see that little square cutout on top of your triple clamps? a little honda metal raised decal goes on there. It's a neat little piece. Drop me an email and I'll look up the part number at a later time if you didn't toss yours in the trash before you powdercoated the parts.

Dan

·
Administrator
11,376 Posts
The speedo only goes to 45 mph. You are going to bury that speedo easy with the 125 cc. Make sure you don't damage the speedo in the process, it has happened and ZB speedometer are rare.

tmas

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
tmas said:
The speedo only goes to 45 mph. You are going to bury that speedo easy with the 125 cc. Make sure you don't damage the speedo in the process, it has happened and ZB speedometer are rare.

tmas

yup, that happens. Also, the cable will break after being pinned on 45mph for a while.

·
Registered
769 Posts
why?

I still dont understand why u guys go through all the work of the nsr conversion, why not just run the stock nsr with perhaps an expansion chamber, bigger piston carb and some porting, would blow away any zb and u'd have a litttle race bike?

·
Registered
865 Posts
davez said:
I still dont understand why u guys go through all the work of the nsr conversion, why not just run the stock nsr with perhaps an expansion chamber, bigger piston carb and some porting, would blow away any zb and u'd have a litttle race bike?

Because the ZB is legal to ride on the street. It near impossible to have a street legal NSR here in the states.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Justin,

Good job on the fork mod to get the stock cluster mounted. The pc'ing looks great.

Are you installing an NSR front fender?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.