PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
z88r, this is kinda aimed at you, you talk a lot about a HONDA NICE motor that can be bored and stroked to over 160cc, i want to see this thing, it starts off as a 110, i want to see if its the same thing as a atc110 or a ct110 motor. post a link or a couple pictures

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
The Honda Nice was built by Honda of Thailand for the Thai market, and uses the same bolt pattern as the Honda Z50, CT70 and XR50/70 and the CRF50/70.

However it's a unique motor and is different than the ATC110 and CT90/110 motors that don't share the same bolt pattern.

The motor is wider and slighly longer than the XR50 motor, so you'll have to modify or use spacers on the footpegs, bend your footbrake slightly, and won't be able to use the stock forks without the front tire hitting.

A brand new Honda Nice 110cc motor can be shipped to your door from Faddybike.com in Thailand, for around $1400 depending on the exchange rate.

Here's the good part. www.dragonracingparts.co.uk is making specialty cranks and bore kits for these, to take the motor up to 160cc's, and 24 HP.

www.cf-posh.com makes a racing CDI for the motor and you install a PWK28 Keihin Intake and Carb (left hand side) or a Mikuni VM26 setup (I'd run a 28mm carb) and you'll have enough HP to crack your frame and your head.

faddybike.com has pictures of the motor. Look under Thai 110cc motor on their webpage, or honda Nice 110cc motor.

For the 160cc monster of all mini motors, it will set you back probably about 4 large for the 160cc conversion, but you'll have the fastest motor in the good 'ol USA in an XR/CRF frame.

Too rich for my blood, as I think it's overkill for any bike on 10-12 inch wheels. On a motard, it should be good for speeds over 90 mph, maybe 100 with the correct gearing and weather conditions.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
For a comparison, it was documented that Classic Honda had a motor just a shade under 20hp, on their supermotard, and it did something like 85-90 mph on 12 inch wheels.

No thanks.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
So with a +1 frame and any aftermarket forks it will work just fine than?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Thought I'd post this for the lazy people. :wink:

HONDA NICE110 ENGINE SPECIFICATION:

4-STROKE OVERHEAD CAMSHAFT, 109 CC

BORE X STROKE : 50.0 X 55.5MM, COMPRESSION RATIO 9 : 1

HAND CLUTCH, 4 SPEED, KICK START, CDI IGNITION, 18MM KEIHIN CARBURETOR

PRIMARY GEAR 4.059, FINAL GEAR 2.428

1st GEAR 2.833, 2nd GEAR 1.705, 3rd GEAR 1.238, 4th GEAR 0.958

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
z88R said:
One would assume that with some longer travel forks and an extended frame, it shouldn't hit the motor. You may have to cut the rear of the front fender though..

How much longer are we talking?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I WANT ONE I WANT ONE!!!!! would u need new forks on say a zb50 for the motor to work??

NECESSARY PARTS

CDI, Carburetor, Wire Harness

Front Disk, Complete Diskbrake, Brake Lever

Clutch Lever, Clutch Cable

Grips, Kick Lever, Gear Lever, Front Forks

why do u need front disk brakes????

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I think the ZB50 has enough clearance but you may have to cut the fender.

If you have a ZB lying around, you need to immediately sell it to me, no matter the condition. I've been looking for one to build, but haven't found a good candidate yet.

The Honda NICE motor isn't sold seperately, so faddy merely purchases the whole Honda NICE 110S scooter (for dirt cheap), and tears it down and tosses in the forks and front disc. You don't need a front disc setup, but I'd run one on a high-horsepower application. If you want the 160cc version contact dragon racing because it's heavily modified on the inside and not bolt-on parts.

I'm done with this thread, unless you want to sell me the ZB so you can purchase more XR and CRF Parts. PM me if you want to rid yourself of that ugly 1988 machine...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
theres one on ebay for buy it now 800

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anyone know anything about skyteam 90's?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Call sik50's as they have one in the shop and probably would sell it since they think it's a POS. However, with the right modifications, it can be made into a nice bike.

I'd stick with a ZB.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
z88R said:
However, with the right modifications, it can be made into a nice bike.

like what kind of mods?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Updated motor, the electronics on that bike suck, I'd run all new wiring, new bearings in the wheels, new wheels, etc. They would be fine out of the box, but the fit and finish and paint has alot to be desired.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so, what would i get those parts from?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I can't do all your work for you. Start doing research on the Honda ZB50 and Honda Monkey R, and you'll find what you need. Join the ZB50 yahoo group and those people will help you with information also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.