PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what do you guys normally so with the wires that come out for the gear selector

when you install a nice motor into a monkey/z50 bike or even a dax

at the moment ive just got it tucked up behind the battery box not being used

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I have mine tucked up on one of my motors. On another one, I machined a brass plug for the drum area and did not put the cover on there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine are also tucked away, but I recently purchased a signal indicator plug-in for the Honda Nice bike and was thinking of using the gear indicator lights. I have my neutral indicator hooked up along with my hi-beam indicator light.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Same here, just tucked away

would be sweet to have a gear indicator light ,koso U.S make a nice version

'tis bit pointless with only 4 gears, think of the cool factor, especially with a shift warning light :cool:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Also the KOSO tachs offer a progammable shift light. Mine has one and its a 2 stage unit, meaning 1000 rpms below redline a yellow warning light comes on and at redline the red one lights up next to it. It looks pretty sweet at night.

I do have a question about neutral lights though. Is there a wire like this on a Lifan 125 as well?

·
Registered
258 Posts
HondaFiddyMan said:
Also the KOSO tachs offer a progammable shift light. Mine has one and its a 2 stage unit, meaning 1000 rpms below redline a yellow warning light comes on and at redline the red one lights up next to it. It looks pretty sweet at night.

I do have a question about neutral lights though. Is there a wire like this on a Lifan 125 as well?

aint it the green with red stripe for neutral light on lifans

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Sean0 said:
aint it the green with red stripe for neutral light on lifans

If it is that wire, will the wiring be as simple as running that to a positive on an LED light and then grounding it? Or does it need to run through a regulator to avoid blowing the bulb?

·
Registered
258 Posts
HondaFiddyMan said:
If it is that wire, will the wiring be as simple as running that to a positive on an LED light and then grounding it? Or does it need to run through a regulator to avoid blowing the bulb?
i would say so , but first just run a meter on it to make sure it doesnt spike , i have never used the nuetral on my bikes so i can confirm that ,

bikes looking great to HFM , real cool r model

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
ok, I will lick my fingers and hope for the best...

Actually thats a good idea, I will measure the voltage with a meter before proceeding.

Thanks for the props on the Z. If you check out my other thread you will see there are quite a few new parts that are waiting to be put on the bike right now. Its over 105 daily though so maybe when the weather improves I will get back out there.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
HondaFiddyMan said:
The neutral wire (or gear indicator) is a switching ground wire.

So (+) wire to light/led and the other wire connects to your neutral indicator wire (ground).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts