PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Curious if anyone has any good info on a 1983 Honda CR60? I purchased one a while back as a project for my 4-year old boy and I to do out in the garage. WE (I'm not doing any of this solo...I want it to be OUR project) started taking it apart over the weekend. The bikes DOES run, has really good compression, shifts thru each gear really well, etc. SO I'm thinking I just leave the motor alone for now. So my question is, does anyone have any good info as far as part sourcing (other than eBay of course) and especially maybe what other parts might fit this bike? Such as footpegs, these stockers are all sorts of mangled....does IMS or PC or etc. make a set of pegs for say a XXX year RM80 that randomly happen to fit this bike? Or what about gas caps? What about wheels/forks/shock...any good mods/swap outs to do here?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Any CRF50 Peg will work on the cr60
And as far as Wheels they are the exact same as the XR70 crf70
The only thing that's different is the rear brake hub so you will have to use the original one from the CR 60 but the front brake hubs are the same on both bikes just in different colors

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doesn’t the CRF70 have only 28 spokes compared to the 32 spokes on the CR60? Same rim size but different hubs due to the number of holes. A CRF rim AND hub would work but not a CRF rim with a CR60 hub, and visa versa.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
They are very cool you can do a lot to them to make them pretty quick for only being a 60cc two smoke. I had an old photo of a guy that put a Tak 124 DOHC in one with a heavier rear shock and Zokes in the front and dam did it look good.

·
Registered
499 Posts
They are very cool you can do a lot to them to make them pretty quick for only being a 60cc two smoke. I had an old photo of a guy that put a Tak 124 DOHC in one with a heavier rear shock and Zokes in the front and dam did it look good.
I'd love to see that photo

There's a guy by me that has one with a xr100 motor in it that was done in the mid 80s and I've been trying to get him to sell it to me for years

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AWESOME! Just got back on here to see the response, thanks to everyone who's chimed in!!!

Honestly, I'm interested in the Marzocchi comment on the CR60....what model would fit? I assume this required different clamps as well? Possibly a different front wheel?

Thanks everyone!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Klx 110 chain slider mounts up the same.also d&g makes a silencer for an 83 cr80.(woodywagon)told me about that.also the plastics from an 83 cr80 are the same.i saw you wrote about your 4 yr old son.this bike will prob have a bit much power for the little guy.these bikes make more HP than a modern 110.i believe they put out 13hp..these bikes will come right up even with an adult rider.i started riding on one of these as a 10 yr old kid.that bike put an ear to ear smile every time I rode it..I have an 83 Parts bike if you need anything I also have one last .50 over piston.. [email protected]. Good luck with your project and what a great way to bond with your boy.. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
my 83..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AWESOME! Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! I'll be shooting you over an email later today.

Regarding the bike, it certainly isn't for my little guy to ride....yet haha. He's on an OSET right now and a PW50 in the corner of the garage (for this year). This is simply a bike I always wanted to build and thought it'd be fun if "we" built it together :)

Thanks man,
Blake

Klx 110 chain slider mounts up the same.also d&g makes a silencer for an 83 cr80.(woodywagon)told me about that.also the plastics from an 83 cr80 are the same.i saw you wrote about your 4 yr old son.this bike will prob have a bit much power for the little guy.these bikes make more HP than a modern 110.i believe they put out 13hp..these bikes will come right up even with an adult rider.i started riding on one of these as a 10 yr old kid.that bike put an ear to ear smile every time I rode it..I have an 83 Parts bike if you need anything I also have one last .50 over piston.. [email protected]. Good luck with your project and what a great way to bond with your boy.. View attachment 237129 my 83..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, i hope people still use this page a forum.
I've got 1985 CR60, and as everyone knows, getting parts for these are bloody ridiculous, even more so in the UK.

I need a top chain guard and exhaust heat shield, but i was going to draw up an create a decent 3D print. Just wondering if people on here could help with giving me some dimension info and some clear, high quality pictures that i can use to blow up onto a big print for scaling. I intend to nail this idea and make decent prints that can then be sold to help people like me out.

Any help would would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts