PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how big I can go with the stock motor?

The 88cc kit seems a little small after using a z155 and lifan 150.

Would throw in an bb but the handebars are weird and will not allow adding a hand clutch.

Firepower said 125cc is safe with beefed up auto clutch. So that is limit.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Its really not worth adding a 124 kit to that motor. The battery and starter won't have enough juice to turn it. And besides, what will it cost? You'll be in for like 600-700 to do it. Either a 88 kit bolt on at 350 or a complete chinese 125 at 350...your choice.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I once had a electric start motor that was 90cc with the 49.5 crank. I put a 54mm top end on it, high lift cam, and it had a hard time cranking it over at 114cc. Eventually, i used this base to put together the 138cc with 56 bottom and 56 top. The starter wouldn't turn it over. Also, be aware that having a that big hunk of a flywheel isn't good for something that would twist so good.

An 88kit on a passport, geard right, is good for max speed of 55 or so on the flat. Pop in a stroker crank and you'll get 65, but then you're into the $550 range.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHP has an 125cc lifan for $429

Ahp Minis

Think It's possible to bump up the cc's or hotrod it later?

This project is for my daughter. Thus it's best to have electric start and auto clutch which she likes.

I promise not to pull any stunts on it, like riding cross country posing naked women on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts