PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks!

I am brand new to this forum and I just picked up a Honda Ape 50 yesterday that I would love to restore. I am also planning to take this home with me to the states when we get back. I am trying to figure out certain information on this bike, does anyone know how to distinguish the year from the serial number? If anyone specializes in Apes, I would love to get more info about these things! Cheers!
-Martin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi not to change the subject but info on these apes are hard to come by and I’m new to mini bikes and working on them. This may be a really dumb question but do the ape’s have a battery? Somebody installed a HID projector headlight on mine and I drove it for the first time at night and couldn’t see a damn thing. I notice it gets brighter when I pull the clutch in and the engine isn’t under a load. I’m planning on getting rid of the HID but just am generally confused on its electrical system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you! Seems like a great forum to be a part of!

You know what I did and totally missed the wiring harness. Thank you. Do you think removing whatever HID projector for an aftermarket OEM style halogen will fix the problem? Because I definitely can’t drive it at night right now. If not is the regulator/rectifier the likely culprit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts