Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe I over looked this...

realize that you can not go to the moto shop and buy parts for your 50 now... un @[email protected] believable!

"...the law may not be applicable to private parties..." we may be able to still buy parts from private parties "may" is the applicable word. It also states that " anyone concerned about the issue should check with their own attorney" yea, let me just call up my personal attorney that I keep on retainer just for these special occasions! I am so pissed!!!!!!!!!

Please check out the other threads on this topic that are on PM that I missed earlier... maybe put the links that I am missing in here to pass along.

http://www.planetminis.com/f71/send-message-washington-about-minibikes-110697.html

http://www.planetminis.com/f71/mini-bike-ban-110605.html

http://www.planetminis.com/f71/petition-allow-minibikes-sell-again-please-110406.html

too late to sign now but?

·
Registered
216 Posts
wow what the f u ck is all i have to say anyone here if this is in canada too im gonna call a honda dealer and ask and see if thats for here too mybe i might have to become a oem parts black market dealer to u guys

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Hmmm. Well, I don't own an xr50 or 70. I happen to own a honda ct70, for which this must not apply. So, when I order my replacement parts from the various vendors, I can order them as replacement parts for my vintage honda 70 motorcycle. At least that is what I'll tell them.

For the vendors on this site, the bikes like pitsters are not intended for 12 and under and therefore none of the replacement parts are either I'd hope. I guess it depends on how they were marketed.

So, I should be able to order parts for my bike from the various vendors I'd think.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
fatcaaat said:
Hmmm. Well, I don't own an xr50 or 70. I happen to own a honda ct70, for which this must not apply. So, when I order my replacement parts from the various vendors, I can order them as replacement parts for my vintage honda 70 motorcycle. At least that is what I'll tell them.

For the vendors on this site, the bikes like pitsters are not intended for 12 and under and therefore none of the replacement parts are either I'd hope. I guess it depends on how they were marketed.

So, I should be able to order parts for my bike from the various vendors I'd think.

I think it's going to depend on the Honda dealer you order OEM parts for. Some Honda dealers consider the CT70 a youth motorcycle and OEM parts may be on hold until this mess gets cleared up.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Z said:
I think it's going to depend on the Honda dealer you order OEM parts for. Some Honda dealers consider the CT70 a youth motorcycle and OEM parts may be on hold until this mess gets cleared up.

So what about dealers that import items for aftermarket? How is that affected...in case one needs to know? I need an exhaust.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
fatcaaat said:
So what about dealers that import items for aftermarket? How is that affected...in case one needs to know? I need an exhaust.

Aftermarket currently not affected from what I can tell.

I think Honda is just playing safe, but this will all blow over here in the next couple of months and exemptions will be added to the laws.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
at $1,850 per violation I am thinking Honda dealerships are not going to take a chance. The shops out here took all the 50 stuff down and moved all the minis off the floor. It states in the bulletin that the CPSIA or the CPSC is not giving any special provisions for product that is labeled for 13 and over" ... if the product has been advetised and sold as childrens product; even if it has been relabled ,dealers and MFG may still be at risk of penalties.

any affected relacement part cannot be legally distributed, any repair involving affected parts cannot be completed...

but I guess it is ok if the parts do not go over 600ppm of lead content and who is going to check that for us; right I'll ask my attorney to contact my on-staff metalurgist to come do a quick break down of the compounds that are used to make a replacement piston for my pit bike and then check with the attorney so he can verify with CPSIA that I am in the clear; I am sure you can just call up CPSIA on the phone and get a quick answer... they probably dont even know what a crf 50 is.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hey guys Lyle at Classic Honda sent me an EMAIL TODAY saying that his order for Takegawa parts is on hold and he they arent shipping parts,, He said he will know something better in 10 days or so.. But that was it he said the law went into effect as of today.. What ya think about that :( I got some Superhead +R parts on order with him...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.