PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a Honda 50 with a gpx160 engine. The engine started in a pitster pro x4 (where it ran fine). I moved from southern Washington to Northern Washington and went to put it in my 50 and it is running poorly. I adjusted the valves and changed plugs, messed with the air mixture screw. It has a mikuni vm26 with a big bore pitster pro exhaust. Does Anyone have a 160 wiring diagram, maybe I wired it up wrong or am using the wrong wiring harness? Could a slight elevation change make it run poorly? I'll try to post a video.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
check that you have spark for starter's then remove airfilter get some starting fluid open throttle and spray into carb for about two seconds attempt to start. any action?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
squidwell said:
Ok watched vid this time...have you checked for an air leak?

I will check for the air leak tonight. The elevation change was only a couple hundred feet or so. It sounds like I should order that jet kit and get to tinkering. Any chance that I wired it wrong?

edit- I just checked the elevation and its the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention that my friends dad threw the engine from 3 feet above ground. When it landed it cracked the intake manifold and gaskets. All of this has since been replaced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked for air leaks tonight and found none, I Honda bonded the entire intake system to be sure. Should I get a jet kit?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
What main and pilot are you currently running? I avoid buying jet kit's cause you wind up with jet's you will never use..do you have a mx dealer near your location?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
squidwell said:
What main and pilot are you currently running? I avoid buying jet kit's cause you wind up with jet's you will never use..do you have a mx dealer near your location?

I am yet to check the jet sizes and no, I live on an island in the San Juan Islands of Washington. The nearest mx dealer is a 40 dollar one way charter ferry ride to "America".

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
if carb was new to you then it will have 190 main and 22.5 pilot...with location in mind a jet kit may be your best bet so that you have some options...have you searched for jetting threads for your motor, there are a few good ones on here...I don't have the same motor/carb combo as you so my jetting baseline will do you no good, however I will check with a buddy and see what he has his set to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts