PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i'm new in this forum. And I would like to know how many horsepower that mini bike can produce after doing some engine upgrade? And how many cc the mod are. Is it run on race fuel? Like ttr110, crf110, klx110. Etc? Thank you

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
biggest in a klx110 i believe was a 212cc with probably around 22-25hp. but it cost a nice bit of cash. matified who works for pitster pro made a 239cc but i dont think it was ever put on a dyno. 25-28hp maybe

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
biggest in a klx110 i believe was a 212cc with probably around 22-25hp. but it cost a nice bit of cash. matified who works for pitster pro made a 239cc but i dont think it was ever put on a dyno. 25-28hp maybe
I guess we will see with that 252cc Daytona with fi

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Hello guys, i'm new in this forum. And I would like to know how many horsepower that mini bike can produce after doing some engine upgrade? And how many cc the mod are. Is it run on race fuel? Like ttr110, crf110, klx110. Etc? Thank you
Really depends on what type of dyno your on and work put forth. Crank dynos will yield higher results Than a dyno that samples from rear. then there's the fact that all dynos will yield different numbers even if they are same brand and model. All Hp numbers are worthless unless there is a base line pull of the engine in stock form and a modded pull on the same dyno preferably close to same weather conditions as the base line pull.

Now with that said guys don't care that dyno numbers are hog wash unless you keep things equal and have a base line and only care about the numbers.... in my dyno testing (which is pretty extensive) I have yet to have any bolt togethekr kit for a mini produce over 20hp on the dyno jet I use. Again on the dyno I use to get a mini over 20hp requires a boat load of money and work. Here's a pretty recent example

ForumRunner_20150116_201947.png thsee 2 pulls are done with the anima engine. My base line pull of 15 some odd hp was a bone stock daytona anima 150 in a crf70 chassis and pe28mm carb. My modded pull of 25 some odd hp is that same daytona anima 150 that I have done extensive head work to as well as increased displacement to an all bore 190cc. Again dyno work was done on same dyno as base line and in the same chassis. To give an idea of the head work involved

ForumRunner_20150116_202018.png untouched anima head

ForumRunner_20150116_202049.png After my molesting.

·
Registered
229 Posts
yay snap a crank lol, not disrespecting the build. Hope to see it run
Hay now don't kill my little guy before I get it fired off lol. I know the clutch is never going to hold and when I get that to work I bet it sh#t's the trans out the case. I'll just have to make one of those to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On wheel dyno of course. Do you guys ever heard ttr based engine can squeeze out almost 27hp only with 130cc?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really depends on what type of dyno your on and work put forth. Crank dynos will yield higher results Than a dyno that samples from rear. then there's the fact that all dynos will yield different numbers even if they are same brand and model. All Hp numbers are worthless unless there is a base line pull of the engine in stock form and a modded pull on the same dyno preferably close to same weather conditions as the base line pull.

Now with that said guys don't care that dyno numbers are hog wash unless you keep things equal and have a base line and only care about the numbers.... in my dyno testing (which is pretty extensive) I have yet to have any bolt togethekr kit for a mini produce over 20hp on the dyno jet I use. Again on the dyno I use to get a mini over 20hp requires a boat load of money and work. Here's a pretty recent example

View attachment 154836 thsee 2 pulls are done with the anima engine. My base line pull of 15 some odd hp was a bone stock daytona anima 150 in a crf70 chassis and pe28mm carb. My modded pull of 25 some odd hp is that same daytona anima 150 that I have done extensive head work to as well as increased displacement to an all bore 190cc. Again dyno work was done on same dyno as base line and in the same chassis. To give an idea of the head work involved

View attachment 154837 untouched anima head

View attachment 154838 After my molesting.
How much compression ratio and what size of piston do you using at? On that 25hp bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been found some mods on the internet and there are so many 130cc bike with almost 27hp even it is Yamaha Jupiter. But it is similiar to ttr. Mostly ran on benzol fuel or avgas. What do you think guys? Is that kind of engine has high efficiency or what?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I've been found some mods on the internet and there are so many 130cc bike with almost 27hp even it is Yamaha Jupiter. But it is similiar to ttr. Mostly ran on benzol fuel or avgas. What do you think guys? Is that kind of engine has high efficiency or what?
YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/JMn8CEjWAb8
Small tire light chassis and 120 lb guy.... I'd bet money that engine wouldn't bust 18hp marker here in the states

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Custom valves I made on that one. I work with trailbikes (tbparts.com) we are in the process of developing a guide, seal, and valve kit for the anima. Guides and seals are done. I got a few sample valves a few weeks ago. They were a touch to long but other than that they were on point with the samples I sent to be copied. With any luck I'll be getting a revised set here in the next few weeks then it wont be long after that, that guys can purchase the kit. The valves will stainless steel and intake will be 1/2mm over sized. If you text shoot me a message 724-674-3496 and I can show you some pics

1 - 17 of 17 Posts