PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if they make a pereformance brake pad set for the fiddy?I put motard tires on the bike and the stock pads really suck especially when trying to brake hard (front and rear).

late

Rob

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm aware they kinda suck cuz they are drum brakes but mine REALLY suck.I'll sand 'em a little but I really want to know if there is a performance brake shoe compound that works better than stock.I'll upgrade when they start selling a REAL disk brake kit for the fiddy I'm not a big fan of flimsy mtn bike discs.I've got a buddy with bombshells and he's hit a rock or crashed and bent like 3 discs .thats not bombproof if ya ask me .I WAS hoping one of our fine dealers on here might know for sure

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
You can take a thin hack saw blade and cut a few diagonal slots in the brake shoe material.Just dont go too deep.It will help move the brake dust and dirt away from the surface and they wont glaze over so quick.

dont forget to sand the drum good too.It helps a bit. 8)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wonderin about doin that I gonna "slot" my drum brake shoes today and sand the drums.

Rob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just like with cross-drilled or slotted rotors, cutting angled slots in drum pads does help. It's more about wiping the gases that build up between the pads and surface though than it really is the dust or dirt (not trying to start anything, so please don't take it like that). By pushing these gases away, the pads won't hard glaze nearly as soon and they won't fade as bad. This is something that riders and machanics have been doing forever on drum brake systems.

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Or you can purchase ferodo brake pads that are already slotted. email Jeff at minigunz.com and he should have some in stock... They stop better than any other brake pad (besides discs) that I've ever seen...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great thanks guys I knew I'd get an answer .Hey ron ya still got that 2 bros pipe?I want it

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, but just barely. Someone was going to take it today, but decided he better go home and ask his wife first, then come get it Monday. If you want it, lemme know asap. He's a friend of mine and won't get mad or anything if I sell it to someone else, so just let me know.

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeff @ minigunz just email'd me to say they have ferodo performance pads in the works soon!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I use them on my monkey bike and they do stop better . But its not a huge difference from a fresh set of stock shoes ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.