PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you need to run race fuel with them or is 93 octane pump fuel fine. Im thinking that you have to run race gas becuase 13:1 is alot of compression, am I right about them having to run on race fuel?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well I'd just run 93 but if you put race gas in your bike it'd could actually make your bike slower or else that was what I was told because of its burning properties

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the stock is 10:1. I looked on fast50s website and they say their high compression 72cc kit needs to run on race gas(at least a 50/50 mixture) Does anyone make a high compession bore kit that they say doesnt need race fuel, or is fast50s just saying that to cover themselves incase somehting happens?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Practically all 88 kits only need premium as they arnt more than 11.5 to 12.0:1 compression. Reason that kit probably needs race gas is because being a 72cc kit and fast 50's saying it will run with 88's means that they are using really high compresion, proably around 13 or so, which is why they say it needs race gas.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Use ULTIMATE 4 race gas if you can get it... also you can mix it 50/50 with the highest grade pump gas.

my compresion ratio is 12.0 to 1 and I get by on pump gas, No complaints..! Also what makes you think you have 13:1 anyways?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
manwhore said:
anything over 10.5 to 1 you are going to need to run a higher octane gas or take some timing out of the bike or it will ping

In a automobile, this can hold to be true. However, with the Honda XR/CRF, it doesn't hold true. The stock timing is far from aggressive, and unless you run an inner rotor and advance the timing, 11.5 to 1 and 12.0 to 1 compression motors will run just fine on premium pump gas.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Jetster220 said:
Practically all 88 kits only need premium as they arnt more than 11.5 to 12.0:1 compression. Reason that kit probably needs race gas is because being a 72cc kit and fast 50's saying it will run with 88's means that they are using really high compresion, proably around 13 or so, which is why they say it needs race gas.
hey your tb kit is a 13:1 piston when used with a stock 50 head

i would use race gas with any motor that will be high reved and is over 10:1 comp

Powroll says to use at least 100 octain with anything over 10:1

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey Kaos,

That is a bunch of crap.......PERIOD..! I got 12:1 on my ride and It runs FINE..... with 93 oct. 100 octaine WHAT !!!! If some of you guys want to believe this crap. do all you guys with big bore kits run race gas NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Dude,

I've been hammering my motor and racing it, since last May. and its heavily modified and I run it on PUMP GAS 93 octaine.. NINE MONTHS and not even a skip.......SO what are you or somebody else saying????

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Dude,

Why do you want to get me going like that??? Just so you know I'm comming down to Georgia this summer to Hang with my Boys at PRECISION CYCLES and I'm going to know where you live.. And Kid waite till you see my new ride......THE BALLS I might let you ride it?

MAN.........WoW later OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I AM IN FLORIDA AND MY NEW BIKE I MIGHT LET YOU RIDE IT BUT YOU BETTER SIGN ONE OF THOSE INSURANCE RELEASES FIRST WUT U GOT FOR THIS BEAST AND I AINT NO KID I'M 28 ALMOST CLOSE TO YOU OLD ASS :lol:

BY THE WAY YOU AINT ONE OF THOSE GAYS FIGHTIN FOR YOUR RIGHT TO MARRY ANOTHER DUDE I HEARD THERE ACTING A LITTLE FUNNY UP THERE :lol:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Hey KAOS where did you find the compresion ratio of the TB kit, I was curious to know myself. So far ive been runnin 93 and it runs just fine.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Dude,

Leave it to Mass to come up with something retarded like that. I'd Rather live down there where Its legal to marry your sister or mother..! And My 88cc will womp on your 110+cc any day KID.......HA !

G

·
I hate to break it to you Kaos, but it is not necessary to run race fuel on anything over 10:1. On a 50 it wouldn't make a difference anyway. We are talking a 2.5 hp motor. Even if you have a kit that bumps it to 10 hp and 12:1 compression it is only an option. I would sugest that you run high octane pump or a 50/50 mix. Compression is not the only thing that determines what octane you should run anyway. I am sorry to say it, but oldschool is not the only one that doesn't run race fuel. I know many people that run over 10:1 on premium. It is only an option, not a necessity.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
cyclerider57 said:
I hate to break it to you Kaos, but it is not necessary to run race fuel on anything over 10:1. On a 50 it wouldn't make a difference anyway. We are talking a 2.5 hp motor. Even if you have a kit that bumps it to 10 hp and 12:1 compression it is only an option. I would sugest that you run high octane pump or a 50/50 mix. Compression is not the only thing that determines what octane you should run anyway. I am sorry to say it, but oldschool is not the only one that doesn't run race fuel. I know many people that run over 10:1 on premium. It is only an option, not a necessity.

I know its an option and depends on a lot of things some of these but if you read powrolls piston instalation deal it tells you a lot of stuff about it you should check it out and why a 50/50 mix with todays fuels you can get much better stuff than commercial grade fuels offer and the tb kit when we cc the head and all that stuff was right at 13:1 just like a powroll piston thats why it has that little popup dome to it and all these takegawa and kitaco kits come with a dished piston so the average joe dont brake there parts and start a stink about there products

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Dont bite my head off, but a lot of companies just say that kinda stuff so if something does ever happen they don't get $hit for it yano?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.