PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in picking up a high comp piston for my stock 50. My reason being that its a lot less than going with a big bore. I really cant find much info on them and am wondering if any of you have any experience with em. I know ill prob have to run 50/50 race gas, but what kind of gains will I see over stock? Or should I just save for an 88?

·
Registered
245 Posts
HMMM, This looks like it could be a very good alternative to a big bore. Are there any other companies besides Powroll that make them, cause i don't think that i want to run race gas, but they probably all require that dont they?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was under the impression that if you wanted the full potential of a big bore or even a light bore kit you needed a biger carb. I know that im really just looking for something inexpensive to give my little bike a bit more grunt because I hate when im trying to go up a hill and I have to pin first because second just does not have enough torque. Did you run race gas in your Powroll kit, and did you re-jet the carb? I would think that the only reason that one would explode is becausre someone was using incorrect fuel that cause excessive detontion. I would think that these kits would be a great alternative to those who dont want to spend $400+ dollars on a big bore. Please give us some more details on these things DRTracing.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
y not just buy an 88 cylinder, i have one on mine with stock carb and cam, and it kicks ass, much more torgque, then u can upgrade with a carb and cam later at hondatrailbikes.com for like 165 or something, go with 88 cylinder u wont regret it

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
50mafia is right on. Might be slightly more than what you are wanting to spend right off the back but you will be much happier you did later on down the road when you are looking to get more power again, and trust me, you will.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Bent714 said:
HMMM, This looks like it could be a very good alternative to a big bore. Are there any other companies besides Powroll that make them, cause i don't think that i want to run race gas, but they probably all require that dont they?
That's the whole point of uping the comp. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.