1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,324 Posts
There are quite a few different heads that fall under the "E22" heading, how big are the valves in the head you have?

·
Registered
162 Posts
can you link the race cam? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are quite a few different heads that fall under the "E22" heading, how big are the valves in the head you have?
[/QUOTE

I'll take some measurements tomorrow. The head came off a coolster 90cc and stamped E22. Thanks dirtbkr188

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dirtbikr188
I'll get some measurements tomorrow. The head came off a Coolster 90cc and is stamped E22

·
Registered
162 Posts
cool, let me know how it preforms!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dirtbikr188

The valves measure 23mm and 20mm. I'm going to build a 106 this weekend and I would like to use the E 22 head if I can. That's the only head I have available right now.

·
Super Moderator
10,324 Posts
I don't think the piston will work with the 23/20 pistons, the dome area is smaller. The XR/CRF 70 head also uses 23/20 valves, I think you can use the TB Parts race head piston with the 70 head, but that piston has a smaller dome area than the DRATV one above.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I'll just run the TB 88 flat piston that came with the 88 kit. I'll put the race cam in the E 22 head and run all of that together for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dirtbkr188

So you're thinking that the TB parts race piston TBW0365 will work? Maybe I'll just have them overnight one and be done with it.

·
Super Moderator
10,324 Posts
I believe it will work, to make sure, can you post some pics of the combustion area and valves of the E22 head you have? Also take a few measurements of the overall diameter of the combustion chamber area, and if there is a tapered bevel in from that overall width, what that overall diameter is also. If you don't mind.

As you can see HERE the TBW0365 piston can be used with the TB Parts race head, or the stock XR/CRF70 head. If your E22 head has comparable measurements, it should work for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,324 Posts
I don't think that piston is going to work well with that head, I'm pretty sure that I have a TBW0365 piston here than I can measure for you tomorrow

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That would be great, let me know the measurements when you have a chance please.
Thank you!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
i will tell you with certainty that dratv piston will not work with that small valved head. this is the piston that matches that head https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/dratv_2267_52682307 however, no idea on what you need for deckheight. those 90 engines came in both variety of "short" and "long" which translate to different deck pistons. So while the piston I linked is correct to match the head, it assumes it has a "long rod" deck height.

·
Super Moderator
10,324 Posts
I don't have a TBW0365 piston here, but I do have a TBW0219 , which is the stock or race head piston for the 6V Z50A engines with the short rod. I'm fairly positive the piston top configuration is the same as the 0365, with an added dimple for the spark plug electrode. The diameter of the domed portion measures 37.68mm and the height of the dome is 4.63mm.
I seated it on an XR/CRF70 head I have here and it sits flush with the head, unlike your last picture above.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts