PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Looking for parts and advise on 1970 z50 mini trail & 1980 z50r . I got both bikes in a package deal after searching all summer for one. The 80 leaks gas out the carb, needed a new exhaust and came with a 88cc hop up kit I’m contemplating putting on (if it fits & can figure out how to jet the carb correctly.
1970 needs complete Resto. Just digging into it figuring out what I need to get it running.
appreciate any friendly advice or help I can get with repair/Resto and maintenance. thanks- vinë

· Super Moderator
4,503 Posts
Welcome to PM, and congratulations on getting your first minis (yes, there will be more...LOL) The direction of your build is always the first thing to decide. Usually it comes down to full museum quality restoration, just get it running and have fun, or somewhere in between. A lot of guys will admit they start with the notion that they will do the full restoration, only to realize once they make their bike perfect, they are reluctant to ride it, and take away from that costly and time-consuming restoration process. I always encourage people to first get them running if they don't know where they are going with the build. Once it is running, you can start to see a little easier what it needs, and where you might want to modify it. There are a lot of guys on the forum who will be interested in helping you get there. Posting pictures of your bikes, parts, and build-up will generate the best response. There are a bunch of parts suppliers out there,( tboltusa.com, hondanuts.com, dratv.com, CHP, hondatrailbikes.com and more, ) it just depends on whether you are looking for original restoration parts, or going the modified route. Good luck, and hope to see you around.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m looking to get it running. I’ll keep ‘em as original as possible. I’m not trying to build a rat rod or Frankenstein mini chopper. I have a concept of what it takes to restore stuff to museum /auction quality. Big fan of dale sweger on YouTube https://youtube.com/c/DaleSweger
Hoping I can build my skills and upgrade my shop to the level he is operating at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.