PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... the head hitting the front wheel?

Has anyone done it? Pics?

I'm getting the itch to go bigger than the 125cc I am using now.

thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
This YouTube video is the installation of a Daytona 190cc motor on a zb50. Its not in English but it shows the full installation. The wiring job he does is utter savagery but you will get the point.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ya'll. I'm gonna take the plunge this summer. Funds are a little tight now but soon! Very soon!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just put a 190 in my ZB - fairly straightforward except you need to move the clutch actuator arm forward to clear the frame, which means moving the cable mount forward on the motor. Also I ran a low pipe because the high pipe (stock routing) would get iffy with the clutch cable routing and what not.

With about 300 miles on the motor so far, its been great by the way, plenty of torque! Gear it to the moon.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
I just put a 190 in my ZB - fairly straightforward except you need to move the clutch actuator arm forward to clear the frame, which means moving the cable mount forward on the motor. Also I ran a low pipe because the high pipe (stock routing) would get iffy with the clutch cable routing and what not.

With about 300 miles on the motor so far, its been great by the way, plenty of torque! Gear it to the moon.
Lets see some pics...:arms:
tmas

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sure thing! The only issues were:
- clearance for the petcock (note I no longer run the stock one - I cut a tab off the frame because the chinese petcock only needs one mount and the head was hitting the other mount - you could probably make it work with a stock petcock and a little bending.
- note how the shift arm is almost into the frame - I had to pull it and rotate it several teeth "forward". Also note I had to move the bracket on the motor that holds the clutch cable - originally its mounted on the bolt you can see behind where its mounted now - I had to move it forward to make up for rotating the arm forward. This also required some grinding of the bracket to fit where I mounted it on the oil filter cover.
- I'm running a Takegawa pipe that a welder friend of a friend was nice enough to modify for me - I bought this pipe as a ZB pipe but it turns out it wouldn't fit, I think it may have actually been meant for a CT70. Anyways, we cut/welded it to be a decent fit as a down pipe. The middle piece of pipe is actually part of a stock ZB headpipe, which is actually double-walled stock - we cut it and pulled out the small diameter inner pipe and just used the outer piece, which just happened to be the correct diameter to work well with the Takegawa pipe. These Takegawas are stupid loud - I'd like to get a better muffler.
- gear to the moon! I'm running the 130 rear tire just because its a larger OD (effectively taller gearing) but its so big that it hits the battery box. I'm in the process of getting a slightly longer shock made by YSS to hopefully take care of that. I'll also get another rear sprocket that's a couple teeth smaller so I can move the back wheel back a bit more in the swingarm to better clear the battery box - the sprocket on there is fairly small but it can be a little smaller before the chain will start rubbing the hub. I haven't done a top speed run with it yet but I'd say it'll do every bit of 80mph on flat ground. And it'll ride along at 60mph and feel just fine geared how it is, but still, it'll pull taller gearing fine I'm sure.

View attachment 240233 View attachment 240241 View attachment 240249 View attachment 240257 View attachment 240265

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh and I also am running the 90 tire on the front because I was worried about the head hitting the tire. It doesn't rub as far as I can tell, but yeah, its close. Might be ok with the 100 series tire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the exact info I’ve been looking for. So I think I’m ready to pull the trigger on a ZS190 for the ZB. I think it’ll be hilarious if the ZB eats up Groms even tho it’ll probably kill my own Grom lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hm, that installation video did not butcher the wiring that much, he only had to strip one wire to connect/solder the daytona sub-harness into the zb wiring. I think it was the wire to the contact switch (killswitch). Ok, I had probably used a counterplug to feed that wire in.
The standard honda half wave rectifier got replaced by the daytona full wave rectifier without cutting the wiring because sub harness.

Only with the added daytona sub-harness it looks like a bunch of spaghetti :)

note: the zs190 comes with the same full wave rectifier. (they are made in the same zs factory ...)

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is the exact info I’ve been looking for. So I think I’m ready to pull the trigger on a ZS190 for the ZB. I think it’ll be hilarious if the ZB eats up Groms even tho it’ll probably kill my own Grom lol
I went on a few hundred mile ride with pals, 2 of whom have Groms. Groms have pipes and fuel injection mapping, they run about 60mph. The 190 ZB is in a whole different league of speed. The ZB runs 75mph on flat ground, sitting straight up (not tucked in). I was literally pushing the Groms up hills while on the 190. Its not even close in speed between the 190 and a fairly stock Grom. The Groms are a lot quieter though...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I missed BBillys posts but am back now with the 190cc itch again. This time I have the funds. LOL

I don't see any pics of billys zb in the thread. Are they out there somewhere on the interwebs? I'd love to see them.

I see these daytona anima engines were selling on ebay about 2-3 months ago for around $600! I wish I knew that then. I'd have grabbed one.
I see them now from alibaba in china sell for about $740 each if you buy 10. I won't be doing that so what's the next least expensive place to purchase one engine? Tbolt has em for just under $1300. That seems kinda steep to me.

Billy post up some pics again please. I'm running similar tires on my ZB. I had to remove the battery box and relocate the battery to inside the stock airbox. It works.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my 190 from wholesale cycle in northern Ohio. I live near Cincinnati so its good to shop 'local' right? Anyways I think it was around $1150 for the motor at the time, then the carb was separate, etc. Bike runs even better now than it did initially - a local place tuned it on their dyno. Replaced Uni foam pod filter with a larger K&N style one, rejetting and its putting down 4-5hp more than on their first run! I'll post up some pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts