PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i istalled a full tb 88cc race head kit with carb and super oil pump. The bike has no other engine mods.. STOCK AUTO CLUTCH.. My problem is that it feels like the centrifigual (sp) clutch isn't working anymore. You put the bike in first and it just wants to go. If u try and stop it, it will stall. It feels like a big bike with a clutch and like ur not pulling the clutch in. When you shift while riding, it just shifts real quick.. So my problem is that the centrifigual clutch isnt working.. What could i have done wrong? please help asap...

·
Registered
251 Posts
06TwoBros110 said:
i istalled a full tb 88cc race head kit with carb and super oil pump. The bike has no other engine mods.. STOCK AUTO CLUTCH.. My problem is that it feels like the centrifigual (sp) clutch isn't working anymore. You put the bike in first and it just wants to go. If u try and stop it, it will stall. It feels like a big bike with a clutch and like ur not pulling the clutch in. When you shift while riding, it just shifts real quick.. So my problem is that the centrifigual clutch isnt working.. What could i have done wrong? please help asap...

Improper clutch adjustment

Improperly torqued clutch nut (smushed the inner sleeve bushing)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm really not understanding your post but if you have an 88 race head and a stock clutch your going to have major clutch slippage. Either springs or complete clutch housing from tb will fix slipping compared to stock clutch.

Edit ^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said. Clutch nut should be done with the tool tb sells and set to 30ft lbs. Still need hd springs for your set up after you get this fixed.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
ya i had the same thingg the 88 with h eadd is alot for stock clutch i just bought the heavy duty clutch for like 100$ and i was good to go

·
Registered
251 Posts
06TwoBros110 said:
i removed it to do the oil pump.. and i tightened it with an air gun with the clutch nut socket on it. how do i torque it and to what spec? i think someone said 30ft. pounds?

The two problems are that you probably over torqued it and squished the sleeve and the other is you need to readjust the clutch. The adjustment on the clutch cover. ( 1 turn clockwise, back out counter clockwise until you feel resistance, then 1/8 to 1/4 turn clockwise, tighten jam nut) The Clutch nut should be torq. at 32lbs I beleive and you hold the basket with a band wrench......

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok well i tourqued the clutch nut to 30ft pounds and ajusted the clutch how i was told.. and still nothing.. its like the auto clutch isnt working at all.. when u take off or when u shift.. idk wtf is wrong but its pissing me off and i need to fix it.. lmao can someone give me a pic of how the clutch side of the motor should look without the clutch cover on it so i can see if mine is right.. im pretty sure it is but i just want to check.. helpppppppp

·
Registered
868 Posts
you have the clutch adjusted wrong or when you put the case there is a peice that sits inside the bearing it can fall out of place then the clutch wont disengage you have to take it apart again and the book will show you the whole process

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
so when you say the clutch does nothing when you push the shifter down.......

so when you push the shifter down, it should fully disengage the clutch, and the bike should not move under power of the engine.... is this what is happening, or is the clutch doing nothing when you do that??

did you take the shift/clutch arm out and not put it back?? gosh i hope not

·
Registered
251 Posts
Z50King said:
so when you say the clutch does nothing when you push the shifter down.......

so when you push the shifter down, it should fully disengage the clutch, and the bike should not move under power of the engine.... is this what is happening, or is the clutch doing nothing when you do that??

did you take the shift/clutch arm out and not put it back?? gosh i hope not

You can count anything out at this point.......For people who dont work on these motors on a regular basis an extra few minutes of snapping a few photos and a paint marker can go along way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.