PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some ideas to make ride softer on my wife's klx110.

The stock shock is way to soft so I got her the ishock that is 275mm long and it is way to stiff when sitting on seat. Also I have two bros. aggressive springs in front. The front seems almost right but the rear is awfull hard for her.

Anybody know what I could do to make ride better without spending a grand?:lol: Would an extended swingarm make ride softer? And if so what one would work with the 275mm ishock we already have? Plus if I do go with an extended swingarm should I get the different rods for the front forks to make bike sit level?

All ideas and pictures of your set-up greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of her getting her first air this past weekend. Before she starts getting more air I would like to get the suspension dialed in a little more.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey it's me John, I met you out in the AZ Trust Land awhile back.

I have a stock rear shock with an aggressive spring. It feels like a rock also. You're more than welcome to come by and try it out or whatever. Let me know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey John, Thanks for the offer. But if that shock is like a rock to you it is way to stiff for my wife. We went back to that trust land about a month or so ago and it was crazy busy like a zoo. People going all different directions and the one entrance had police tape all over it. So we have been just going out to tracks to be a little safer. I took her out to ET once and Speedworld once this last weekend. Let me know if your heading out to either of these tracks some weekend and we can get together.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Steak Taco said:
Hey John, Thanks for the offer. But if that shock is like a rock to you it is way to stiff for my wife. We went back to that trust land about a month or so ago and it was crazy busy like a zoo. People going all different directions and the one entrance had police tape all over it. So we have been just going out to tracks to be a little safer. I took her out to ET once and Speedworld once this last weekend. Let me know if your heading out to either of these tracks some weekend and we can get together.

Sure thing!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
ya try backing off the preload on the ishock or you can get different spring rates for it if that doesn't work. That is the route i would try before getting a different shock. Also extended swing arm would make the ishock seem softer from the extra leverage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya try backing off the preload on the ishock or you can get different spring rates for it if that doesn't work. That is the route i would try before getting a different shock. Also extended swing arm would make the ishock seem softer from the extra leverage.

I just got off phone with ishock and they pretty much said the same thing.

What swingarm do you guys think would work best for this situation? The guy from ishock said any +2 would work but there are a lot of choices and I'm not sure what one is the best bang for the buck.

ishock was very nice over the phone. They said I can send it to them and they will change spring and re-valve it for free, plus get it back to me within a week.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Maybe find sumone who can do a little custom fab and have them add some length to your stock swingarm...it could b cheap and the extended length would put more leverage on the shock so it should feel a little softer, but im not positive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.