PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did the 108 with race head and now looks like it is leaking from both the head and base gaskets. the head gasket may just be weeping but the base is leaking enough to form a nice little puddle just after a quick ride up and down the street. everything was put together correctly, but when i tried to torque the head bolts, the left two nuts torqued properly, but the right acorn nuts seem to be bottoming out (i can actually feel the studs twisting as i turn the wrench). thought about doubling up on the tappet cover gaskets so i wouldnt mess with the deck height or compression, any other ideas??? anyone ever run into this before? seems strange that a complete kit would have this prob, thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i stacked a couple washers on the side where the studs were bottoming out and loosened and retorqued everything to spec and its still practically pouring out from the base gasket...guess its coming back apart to see whats going on.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
make sure you got the black rubber o-rings back in between the cylinder and cases and also between the cylinder and head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts