PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here it is jigracing (scott) bought a 2003 klx 110 for charlie (his son) after finally selling off the last of the imports , the bike was a good deal or so he thought.

first it was a 2002 made to look like an 03 , second the guy he got it from had stripped out and broken all the peg mounts and both of these items slipped the sellers mind .

so now charlie needs help to hit vegas , vegas entry is already paid but the bike is toast.

lets see what parts everyone has laying around that they can kick down to help out .

i'll start i have a stock crank/rod/piston/clutch/head/cylinder from an 05 , also a set of cases but one peg mount hole is cracked (3 are good ).

so anyone want to help these guys out ? i'm offering up everyting to them for free how about someone else kicking in and doing something .

·
Registered
302 Posts
DEMONDAVE said:
ok here it is jigracing (scott) bought a 2003 klx 110 for charlie (his son) after finally selling off the last of the imports , the bike was a good deal or so he thought.

first it was a 2002 made to look like an 03 , second the guy he got it from had stripped out and broken all the peg mounts and both of these items slipped the sellers mind .

so now charlie needs help to hit vegas , vegas entry is already paid but the bike is toast.

lets see what parts everyone has laying around that they can kick down to help out .

i'll start i have a stock crank/rod/piston/clutch/head/cylinder from an 05 , also a set of cases but one peg mount hole is cracked (3 are good ).

so anyone want to help these guys out ? i'm offering up everyting to them for free how about someone else kicking in and doing something .

Send me a list....I have alot of KLX motor parts... some other stuff too.. I will donate! Vegas Baby!! Lets pull together and get this bike going!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
wow. this is nice of you guys. I am very embarrassed, I hate asking for help. We had pretty much given up on Vegas. I have already requested a refund on the AMA membership.

Like Dave said...We bought a (supposedly 2003) KLX110 late December and after I started looking into it closer and changing things on it to fit my son Charlie I found the bike had been neglected very badly. It had alot of things that appeared to be fine at first but then it turned to crap....our story in a nutshell.

Basically I need a set of cases and the labor to replace them (because I can't do it myself). I have a 143 stock head kit to put on it, and I am unsure if the weaker '02 motor will hold up. If it will then I only need the cases and the labor. If we need to update the motor we would need a clutch, ignition and crank from an '03 or newer klx (from what I have been told).

I also need a 10" rear drum brake style wheel with the drum brakes to convert the KLX to a 10"/12".

I also need a 12" front tire and tube but I think I can swing that.

I have the rear tire already. I also have the front wheel.

I sold Charlie's motard bike (he was very mad at me for it too) to get the parts I have so far but I ran out of money before it was all fixed so I gave up. I had already paid for Vegas (right when they opened it up), in fact Charlie was assigned the number 1 for MM10Y. He won't finish number 1 but he'll start that way. He isn't the fastest kid out there. He's typically a top 5 rider so maybe top 10-15 in Vegas. Here's his sponsorhouse profile if anyone wants to look.

Charlie Bullock's Athlete Profile on SponsorHouse - Home

I would like to thank the guys that have helped us already....Category 5 motorsports donated the port work on the stock head, SHADE donated his old 138cc TBR bore kit/cam which Kendall at Cat5 bored out to a 143 for us. Romic Racing Shocks donated the rear shock. TboltUSA donated damping rods for the forks and got the gaskets, manual clutch, and piston/rings for me at cost. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
i'll do the work for free if you pay shipping. ask around on here you have nothing to worry about. send me the stuff and i'll assemble for you-i know how it is to be in your position. ship it to me as soon as you can and i'll set it up for you. i'll pm you with more info.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I dont have any KLX parts to help out,but If he is racing in 10 youth I will let him ride my 10" bike,and I will even put it together LOL

DCframe

dc+4

sano forks

reeg rear wheel and brake

tb108 motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.