PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 88 kit no head no carb no cam and the first time i kicked the bike oil started dripping out of the exhaust port in the head. Can anyone help me???

·
Registered
527 Posts
? you didnt have the exhaust bolted on when you tried to start it? or is it dripping out of the head bolt on the lower right side(needs to have copper washer and accorn nut on this stud) somtimes its easy to get those nuts mixed up.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Sounds to me that the head could have a crack in it. Mine was a ported head and was ported on the exhaust side alittle too deep and there was a crack that actually went into the valve spring seat because the was to little material left there. A stock head should have plenty there, but it stilll may be cracked.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
your valves are most likly off, check the clearance of them and find out what they need to be at....mostly .005 or .004

you could also have valves that are worn out, or the seats are bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
about the syarting check your timing. i forgot to 1 time and the bike would come close to starting but just wouldn't. you should have a little play on your timing gear back and forth before the valves come in contact. find the center between that and your timing should be ok.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
the oil is probably leaking out of your exhaust valve and your intake may be off hence the hard to start part of it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.