PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI Im hoping Doopsx or Traut can help me...should just txt u but see if anyone else can help

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Adjustable top tripples for the crf70/sp5's are getting pretty tough to find..and maybe someone can help you out but it would probably be pretty tough to get you dimensions on a top tripple for sp5's. As far as clamps, those should be pretty easy and straightforward, its just all about how much rise you want.

The easiest thing for the top tripple would be just take your stock 70 top tripple "plate", and get your measurements off that for the one you're making. You're going to want to keep the overall angle of the legs pretty much where they are now, so the 3 holes (2 fork legs, and the stem hole) will be the same relative locations as that on your stock one. Its just taking a block of aluminum and going to town on the mill from there... Worry about that first, get your clamp locations last.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well thats sounds simple enough. On BBR site they stock the sp5 clamp. I just dont wanna pay that price lol...especially since I dont want the bar clamp itself. So I will be checking to see if they will sell without the bar clamp. I really wanna do this...if I do do this then I will be keeping those darn crf70 forks lol...

BTW your txt message had so much foreign language to me so thats why i was askn...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts