PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to buy frame/swingarm/shock and forks, but unlike some of you people i cant afford the perimeter frame and a set of stavrons. i got a good deal on a crf50s frame, swingarm and shock, plus a set of hanebrink forks, all new... is this a good setup or should i pay a lot extra and get something else? recommendations?? remeber im trying to keep the price as low as possible... please help me out! thanx.

· Registered
1,727 Posts
If I were you Id get this set-up. Its pretty close to one of the nicest things.

· Registered
446 Posts
i heard some not so possitive things about the hanebrinks forks, I don't know for sure and Im not quoting anything because I have not riden them myself. But if you are getting that sweet of a deal im sure there better then springs!

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the feedback everyone... Not to sound mean LogiKal, but on aim you basically said bombshells suck... did you change your mind since you're trying to sell some? :roll: lol, anyways i can now get a discount on stavrons too... the total with shipping and tax would cost the family $500 more than hanebrinks... and of that 500 i have to pay $170. Think it's worth it??

· Registered
1,511 Posts
No, I did not in anyway say they "sucked" .. you asked me the differences between stavrons and bombshells, and I told you. Maybe you got the impression that they "suck" compare to stavrons..that was your impression you got from the differences..true?

I told you my forks were for sale, I did not say buy my forks. Actually, I already have a buyer for them who is buying them for 750, and YES, I did tell him that the bombshells in my eyes dont compare to stavrons. Am I trying to make a quick buck? no. I told him if he had the money, which he doesn't, to not buy my bombshells and get the better fork out of the bunch .

Before you go online and tell me what I "basically" said, think about what your impression of the fork was after I told you the differences.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you never exactly said the bombshells suck, but that is what you implied. i distinctly remember you saying "the bombshells arent even worth $400 in my eyes" ... i dont want to argue with you i just want some help from you experienced fifity guys who have been fortunate enough to try more than one setup. So i'm sorry if i offended you Logikal, that was not my intention.

· Registered
1,511 Posts
[quote="MoToXchicK7]i just want some help from you experienced fifity guys who have been fortunate enough to try more than one setup.[/quote]

I've tried bombshells,hanebrink,stavrons,marizochi,bbrs,sik50s,stock, just about everything except redbaron.

PS: I never said they arent worth 400$. I said I wouldn't pay 400$ for them again.

But w/e, lets not get into a fight over something so little. If you didn't like my opinion, you shoundn't have asked for it. Obviously it didn't put much impact on you anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.