PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
take off the head and cylinder and install in the reverse order with the new parts.

Would take me 20 minutes. No special tools involved.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Firepower told me to video myself when I was working on my 110 motor after I posted a re re question.

Might help you out later.

·
Banned
1 Posts
five21racing said:
Firepower told me to video myself when I was working on my 110 motor after I posted a re re question.

Might help you out later.

That's when I thought you were a 12 year old Asian boy. Nevermind;-)

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Follow those directions and you should be ok, and tell your shop to stop trying to rip you off :)

Just make sure you dont put all the rings on with the gaps in the same place, you wont to rotate each one so its about 90 degrees of the last ring you installed.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
AHPminis said:
and tell your shop to stop trying to rip you off :)

Come on now Mark .., your my friend all ..., but are you serious here ??

I figure that's around 2 hrs worth of labor give or take .

I'm sure you know that they have to factor in everyday operation costs into their labor rates like , electricity , heating , training , hazard waste removal , etc... into their prices right ? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
JohnnyB said:
Come on now Mark .., your my friend all ..., but are you serious here ??

I figure that's around 2 hrs worth of labor give or take .

I'm sure you know that they have to factor in everyday operation costs into their labor rates like , electricity , heating , training , hazard waste removal , etc... into their prices right ? ;)

Two hours to install a top end on a minbike by a certified tech haha No way.

You know how mechanics are, they are good, they can do it fast, and then the consumer is charged way more time than it actually took them just like at the automotive dealerships/shops. Granted I have no problem with that citing the reasons you just mentioned, but don't charge a kid $120 to install a top end on their bore kit when you know it takes you 40-50 minutes and I am being gratious with that amount of time.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
There is alot of truth to what you say Mark !!! I'm also sure you are aware of why someone or some company invented the flat rate system . :)

Ok .., so if you could please help me understand this then .

- A person or company who ports mini bike heads for " kids " should be very efficient at doing so because they know what they are doing by this point , correct ?

- So , I don't get how they can justify 100 or more dollars for doing it when it is already off the bike ? I personally can't see it take'n more than one hr for a 2 port head that is if no welding or other build up methods are needed ??? So if actually takes 1 hr or less to run a dremel in there , it shoud be 60 bucks or less by a 60 dollar an hr rate , no... ??

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Come on man why are you busting my butt here in my first post I gave this guy some advice toward his installation, now your heckling me and comparing two completely different services and calling me out saying our price for porting is unreasonable when the actual time it takes is indeed more. Why does every single thread turn into this every day on PM anymore, its so hard to post up here anymore, especially the vendors, without getting attacked by someone. If this person needs anymore advice he can PM me otherwise I am done posting in this thread.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Dude ..., I'm just try'n to understand why we are so hated by the public !!!!

I'm not try'n to be an a$$ to you !!!

People bust on dealers all the time and I'm sick of that !!!

If you don't remember , I work at a dealership . ;) :)

YOUR FRIEND !!

Johnny B ..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts