PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am looking to buy my first mini bike. I have more than 20 years experience with all sorts of big bikes.

I mainly want it to learn to do wheelies and have fun in urban areas (parking lots, etc) and maybe a bit of dirt. I love old school minis like the z50 and the st70-ct70-dax.
I would prefer it to be street legal and be 4stroke.

I live in Greece, so the options are a bit limited.
I can find Honda z50s (but they are usually pricey), very rarely st70s (expensive too).
I can also find brand new or maybe some second hand clones (Skyteam). No small XRs or CRFs usually found, maybe a new KLX110 can be found but it is not street legal.

What would be the best mini bike to learn to wheelie? I like the dax/ct70 but haven't riden any. My height is 5.10'.

· Registered
771 Posts
Crf or xr would be my choice. z50s will work, but I've found they don't wheelie as easily, or maybe I'm just used to my crf. I'd stay with honda on them, there's more aftermarket support, and are the most reliable.

This place is dead, so don't be surprised if you get no more replies lol.

· Registered
1,582 Posts
There's still a few of us that frequent this site hahaha

I'd agree though, I've always felt the z was pretty heavy when stock to wheelie. It can be done but you have to work at it more.
I like riding my xr50 doing wheelies, with such a small "window" balance point on the xr/crf50's it feels harder to ride them but seems like once you get it down on a 50 bugger bikes are much easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.