PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know if i can use a stock head with the ahpminis 72cc kit? my ahp head is broke so i just wanted to know. it would be using the 72cc kit piston also by the way. please help me i wana ride

·
Super Moderator
10,362 Posts
Here is the wording right from the AHP Minis website page:

"...Increase your displacement on 50cc models, or freshen up your tired 70cc top end. This is the only kit with a 47mm ALUMINUM cylinder on the market. Aluminum cylinders dissipate heat more efficiently and weigh considerably less than the cast iron competition. The included piston is slightly domed and will increase compression when used with 50cc cylinder heads. The kit is compatible with 70cc cylinder heads, but will yield a lower compression similar to the stock Honda 70cc piston. Replacement parts are in stock if you need them..."

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thought it would be ok, try mocking it up with putty and check clearances to be sure, or otherwise put it together, plug out and turn over to see if anything hits.

·
Registered
756 Posts
What didn't work?

Did you use the right size head gasket, due to the increase in size of the 72cc piston from the 50cc one?

Use a 70 one instead of a 50.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
chrisc161076 said:
Those heads ought to give you better performance but your set up with the stock head should still work.

hows it going to work with the stock head when the piston is domed (hince the 72 rh kit)

Not trying to be a dick but i doubt it will work with a stock 50 head

·
Super Moderator
10,362 Posts
The piston that comes with the kit has a very slight dome to it, similar to this one from DRATV. I installed this kit on an '85 Z50R lower end, and used the stock Z50 head, like this one. There is no piston-to-head or valve contact at all.

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
We have the 72cc kits set up both ways, for stock head and race heads

Basically its a different slightly more expensive piston with the low dome stock CRF50 head.

Let me know is we can help.

We have many 72cc and 88cc stock or race head options here in stock ready to ship.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts