PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchase a few used parts recently and while cleaning the heads I noticed that a chunk is missing from the exhaust port/flange area. I presume thats perty standard as I now have 4 like that. but on 1 of the heads I noticed what seems to be a chip in one of the valves and it doesn't seem to seat correctly. as I have never actually worked on a motor of any kind other then starters and stuff I am assuming that this is a sign of a bent valve caused possibly poor timing or improper head, piston matching. whats your take? the valve sits about a matchbook gap from a full seat on the top of the dome side of the head. its the larger of the two valves ( brain fart exhaust/intake ) heres some pictures I figured thats better then a discription

·
Registered
765 Posts
If the valves not seated, its probably bent, pull it out and check. It dosent take much pressure to push down the valve spring and remove the keepers to get the valve out to check it. If not, you can even take a deep well socket about the same diameter of the spring, set it on top of the spring and hit it with a hammer, it will pop the spring down quickly and the keepers will fall off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Every head is like that glug, that area will be filled in by the header pipe, even the new aftermarket heads have that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts