PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm pretty new to this fiddy craze and i gotta say wow what a kick these things can be.. I've found myself turning to my 50 over my 450... Say it ain't so... heres my question... I just installed a Tak. 88cc S-Stage, and I love it.. I'm just looking for a little more mid to top end... I was wondering what is the best option to install to give me more in those areas.. Here is the list of parts on my fiddy so far.. 88 S-stage, 18mm carb, high flow oil pump, heavy clutch springs, finned cam cover, finned tappet cover (bottom), breather tappet cover on top, tak. CDI box, and ultima pipe. I know the stock head is my weak point... but do I spend the money on a "bore-up" head w/cam, valves, heavy springs, and dome piston? or save a little cash and have the stock head ported? I'm leaning towards the new head kit, which bringd me to another question. Is anyone running the kit form Trail bikes? Too me $265.00 is a good deal.. I did notice that classic sells a nice kit also but it's around the $500. It comes with a roller cam. Is that setup worth double the head from TB??? I know i've been rambling on a bit sorry just looking for some info so i can spank the locals and the next race.... :lol:

Mr70ss

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You could try porting your stocker, I got the TrailBikes 88 kit and had my head ported by a friend and mine will friken pull your arms out all the way to the rev limiter. Its freakin bad.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Cam how come you are trying to sound like a a$$, your right ive never ridden a race head before, so I can only imagine how bad it is, actually I dont know if I can imagine it after how much a differnce putting the BB in was.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've ridden a 88 with a super head and a Ultra head and I say the Trail bikes head or my RC E22 with race cam will keep right up with them . why spend the money buy your girl some flowers and take her to a nice resturant and she will be a heck of alot more understanding when you buy that Stavron ,RC, or Sik 50's suspension set up :D

PS. what is so special about Kitaco and Takagawa ? personaly I never liked that little alagator on my shirt anyway 8O so who cares about a name 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with you SkinDonor, i wish i would have seen this forum before i spent the $$$$ on the S-Stage.. If i had to do it over again i would of went with the trail bike setup... so after your comments i've pretty much narrowed it down to the trail bike head (hrc), and having the stock head ported.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
thos xheads and kitaco r and takegawa xp90 ultra rt080 and the best one of them all the ssrrut809mibtru heads are over priced 70 and 90 cc heads from china for those econo bikes the all ride to work on

I would use the stocker ported out or the one that skin and tb sell I personaly use the classifried G-18 spec head from amsterdam :lol:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have the same problem cant decide if I should take out the crf250r or the xr50. I also have been researching head mods and depending on who you talk to the aftermarket head with bigger valves doesnt always mean more torque. and some will tell you ported stock is the way to go. I am so CONFUSED. All I know is I am tired of the kids whipping me at the track and something must be done. Gotta try the aftermarket first if it isnt what i`m after it will sell easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.