PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If you are running a large piston then you can build more crankcase pressure. If you are turning very high rpms for long periods you can build pressure. I have had a couple of engines that would spew oil out the original vent when ran wide open for even a bit. I put a breather kit on each and instantly stopped the spewing. One instance was on an engine that had 5hrs on it so I don't want to hear anything about it had too much blowby b/c that's bs.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
melloyello said:
If you are running a large piston then you can build more crankcase pressure. If you are turning very high rpms for long periods you can build pressure. I have had a couple of engines that would spew oil out the original vent when ran wide open for even a bit. I put a breather kit on each and instantly stopped the spewing. One instance was on an engine that had 5hrs on it so I don't want to hear anything about it had too much blowby b/c that's bs.

so i can run it and if it doesnt spew oil im good? and if it does i should throw a breather kit on it?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The breather is extra insurance that you don't blow out a seal or spew oil out of your engine from high revs. You don't have to run it. See if your riding style makes it spew out. If not, don't put a breather on it. I don't think it has any actual performance gains. Unless you count keeping oil in the engine as a performance upgrade.

And you will have to make your own kit for the lifan head b/c noone makes one yet. But, of course I can make one up for you if you can't. It's pretty easy to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.