PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wanting to put in my new heavy duty clutch springs i got but i don't have that clucht lock nut wrench so i was just woundering if i could just make the switch with out taking the whole clutch off the bike?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I dont think you can, but you dont need the tool anyways. I didn't have it when I changed mine and all I did was grab a hammer and big screwdriver and tapped it loose. didn't do any damage to the nut

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had NO special tools either apart from an impact driver as them little countersunk screws are a pain for stripping.... Make sure you use one or a cross head screwdriver with a very large deap head on it and tap the screws a few times with the screwdriver in place just to crack them loose. I flattened the washer out with hammer and driver and then wore a pair of rubber gloves to get a good grip on it whilst undoing the nut as it spins.... didnt take too much effort to release it. The hardest part was squishing it back together to put the "C" clip back in as i had no vice and had to use brute force.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.