PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Hey Boeing,
I have a 2014 GROM - I just did a side-by-side "eye" comparison between the two bikes. Looks like there's enough room between the fork and the swing-arm of the NSR50 to fit the stock GROM wheels. However, the disk brakes on the GROM is completely different than that of the NSR50. So if you were going to put GROM wheels on the NSR50, you would need to weld up some new brake mounts in order to fit the GROM brakes. Here are some front pics and measurements, I hope it helps....

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel
Red Material property Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle
Tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire Wheel
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Motor vehicle

· Registered
3,896 Posts
I have never looked that closely at a Grom, but I know the chain on an NSR50 comes pretty close to rubbing the outside of the rear tire. If you ran the Grom wheels-- it seems like the chain would be the problem there. Not even sure if the axles are the same width or not. Let me know what you guys come up with. I'll likely just run the wheels that come on my NSF100. The gain may not be worth the trouble. --L*64

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.